Skip to content

does your anchor text need to be in the article description

do i need to make sure the anchor text i want to get link juice for need to be in the article description itself? 

(ex... if i am ranking for the keyword BLUES.... do i need to make sure the word BLUES is in the article description, or does it not matter? 

or will gsa put the word in there? 

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    It will put the word in there but than the article might not be that readable. It's always better if you can make that anchor text in it somewhere. Use the %anchor_text% macro.
  • oh wow i did not know that.... should I put that in the description too? 

also... if i put to of those macros in there.... will i be able to build 2 backlinks per article / post instead of one? 
    No, but you can use %link% several times and it will insert more than one link.
  • i'm using it for yt videos.... and trying to rank for specific anchors.... will that help at all? or does that just insert the whole url of the yt video in there

and do i put the macro anchor_text in summary / title or just description? 
    Please read the FAQ, you didn't seem to have done that. %link% is the same as <a href="%url%">%anchor_text%</a>
  • oh i didn't know anythinkg about that. thanks for answering my Qs...... :) 

you have skype? 
    no
  • ok, so just to get this straight.... If I am wanting to get link juice, for the anchor text BLUES.... so i have a lot of back links pointing to my videos... all the back links with the anchor BLUES.... i need to put BLUES where i put my anchor text... and then %anchor_text% in the article section in the description... right? 

am i missing anything? 

do i need to put %anchor_text% anywhere else? 
    SER does it for you, but you have more controll if you put %link% into the article yourself.
  • lol can i pay you like $50 to hop on skype with me... and i can ask you a billion Qs about GSA? 
  • and to get the most back links... and best results.... 

should i put %anchor_text% and %link% both in the articles? 

like can you explain exactly how that works.... so gsa does this automatically... but you can build more backlinks putthing those two links in there??
    @goldstenag1 no ;) Propably thats why I don't have skype, nor a mobile or anything where people can reach me when I don't want to ;) Sorry but ask your questions here (After reading the FAQ and using forum search).

I have explained how this works so many times :/

Anyway once more. 

1. If the project link is present in the article noting is added.

2. If a macro like %link% is present, it is adding the URL + Anchor text there.

3. If just %anchor_text% is present, it will add a link there.

4. If there is a word in the article that is the same as the anchor text, a link is placed on that.

5. If nothing from above applies, a sentence or just a link is added at the bottom of the article or random position (all depending on your settings in article manager).