Skip to content

Stop ! don't use GSA

GSA, Magic Submitter, SEO Nuke X are all express tickets to delisting or sandboxing. 
i lost all google ranks.  

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de

The software is as good the way you use it. You didn't even learn that GSA = company and not the name of the tool!

• edited January 2014
    Lol, it's like saying don't use knife because it can be used to kill people. But employing proper use of knife, it makes life easier by cutting fruits, vegetables and what not (I know I suck at examples lol).

SER is as powerful as it can get, you just need to learn to setup things correctly. Granted, you do make mistakes at start and that is how you learn lol.

It is very easy to slap the loss or failure of own over some other tool or person, but hardly few people realizes its their own way or configuring things that lead to this. Learn from the mistakes and you will get a better grip over the time.
  • Thanks man. I won't use GSA to put my links on sites PR >6 anymore :) I will do the same thing manually :)
  • edited January 2014
    This guy in his next post will probably offer his 'super new and safe service that beats all the rest'
  • spunko2010spunko2010 Isle of Man
    edited January 2014
    When did you get hit? Please share more information. I got hit on some of my sites, but I don't blame SER, I blame myself for leaving footprint.
  • Yup, you're pretty much not using it right. I've used Magic, gotten #1 ranking and made sales. Same with GSA. It's all in how you use it. A good carpenter doesn't blame his tools!
  • .....We had all better just pack up and go home then. lol
  • OMG!! We all die! oh Noooo 8-X
  • BrandonBrandon Reputation Management Pro
    I agree, please stop using SER.
  • LeeGLeeG Eating your first bourne

For a moment I thought you was going to say our nuts would fester and fall off :O

Ooooops, something else I should not be watching will cause that :O

• s4nt0ss4nt0s Houston, Texas
    Don't use Google Keyword Planner. I picked the wrong keywords and never got ranked. Google Keyword Planner is broken! 
  • LeeGLeeG Eating your first bourne

Noooooooo, you never tried ranking number one for "google" as well did you?

That will be three us who did that, my split personality was the other one :O

• Funny how none of you even consider the thought that google knows all the sources of spam by now from their disavow tool, and that these are the same sources you use to build links on with ser.. but yet you keep a blind faith in it.. maybe because you don't know any other way.. oh well
  • @Heiseneberg that's why you only build quality links with GSA if you want your site for long term. I very much doubt that Google has decided to penalize every website which has backlinks from the 100s of platforms which ser supports.
  • edited January 2014
    Im pretty sure google doesn't care whether the site is "quality", high pr or whatever.. if it's on their list of disavowed links more than x% of the time its obviously spam in their eyes..

Now I wonder what the chances are of the sites you would define as quality never ever being disavowed is..

And it's got nothing to do with a website having links from hundreds of platforms that ser supports.. it has everything to do with a backlink profile that is made up of links from known spam sources.

The sooner you start thinking like google the sooner you start avoiding ranking losses.
  • What is SEO Nuke X  :))  ohh SEnuke.. and yes please guys, stop using GSA ! \:D/
  • @Heisenberg what are you using to rank-
    "The sooner you start thinking like google the sooner you start avoiding ranking losses" There are few sites that follow googles webmaster guidelines and rank-
    the fact that you are on this forum debating says a lot and really compromises your point
  • @tohua what probably happened in your case is that you have bad anchor text %. When you paint with such a broad brush at least give an example.
    or at least mention the service that you are promoting. At least that is what it sounds like-self promotion
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de

@Heisenberg you have a point here. But the sentence "follow google" is a big NO in my eyes. It's like following the dictator, something noone should do. And yes I see big G. as one. Just have a look around and you will see that G. is no longer a search engine. It's everywhere. If anyone knows something about you than G. does.

But SEO wise yes, it might be a good idea to discover other tecnics to also rank sites. But SER works and there are no daunts about it (for now). And in the end it's always about being present on the net. Something SER is talking care of as it drops a link here, a citation there and so on.

But even than, you are able to build new engines in SER. Something that way to less people do right now. I have a big big list of possible target platforms. Just not the time anymore to add them recently.

• @Sven rocking as always
  • @krushinem Id really rather not say exactly what it im using to rank, but as you would imagine I make sure the sites I link from aren't on the list of disavowed links.

But to say I contradict myself just because I posted on this forum is not true. I own a copy of ser and have used it many times in the past to rank sites and yt videos.. I just don't use it any more for the reasons I said. But whether I owned it or use it or not, it's a weak point you have to say that just because im posting here it must mean im also using ser.

@Sven - I didn't say "follow" Google - I said "think" like google - big difference.

And also.. no offence, it's a great tool.. probably the best seo software that was ever made, but it doesn't matter if you added 100 new platforms to it, since when the sites that are easily spammed on those new platforms are added to the disavowed list they're no use to man nor beast.

Im not saying ser doesn't have its uses.. but like I said.. it's not a bad idea to "think" like Google too.
  • goonergooner SERLists.com
    Yawn...
  • ^^ lol :D
  • edited January 2014
    @gooner - wouldn't have expected anything less from the official ser puppet. Try taking your nose out of sven and ron's ass for a while and you might learn something. .
    @heisenberg - You're an idiot, i'm not even gonna bother explaining why :))
  • ^^
    Lol ok pinnochio
    @heisenberg - I use SER to make money, the day it stops working i will use another tool. All that other stuff is bollocks, you should spend less time worrying about nonsense and more time making $$$$
  • Good for you pal. Happy for ya
  • Heisenberg. Your theories are nice and while they may hold some truth my results speak otherwise. I am dominating in my niche with #1 rankings. This was done solely with GSA SER. But as any good SEO knows, never put your eggs in one basket. Their are other ways to get traffic whether it is paid or free.

BTW, Gooner knows SEO and is certainly not a puppet for GSA. 

Why not contribute something of value here rather than just trashing everyone?
  • Well I appreciate that you at least can see where I might be coming from and im glad that you're ranking well with ser.. might fire it up again on a test site if that's the case and see how it goes myself.

But when someone like gooner hops on the let's defend ser bandwagon and discard any other idea that might upset sven with a "yawn", that's the reaction they're gonna get from me.