Skip to content

proxies vs thread ratio

i've asked so many people this question but nobody can give me a clear answer. 

please don't answer this unless you can give me an actual answer. 

i understand that the more proxies you use... the higher you can make your tread #.... and the more backlinks you can build, and faster you can build them. 

please tell me a general number of if you have X private proxies... how many threads you have... and whats your html number

X amount of proxies = Y amount of thread count = Z html # = max A projects active at once..

can you make X be 10, 20, 30, 40, 50, 60 and like tell me what you would recommend for the other settings. 

thanks 

Comments

• goonergooner SERLists.com
    10 threads for every proxy is a basic rule, but if you are using SER to scrape i would lower the threads to 5 per proxy maybe. If you are scraping with another tool and importing lists you can maybe go higher than 10.

html timeout i put as 120 always.

But all this stuff is just theory, better to test on your machine and then you will find the best answer for you.
  • ahhh thanks!

i have 20 private proxies... 20 semi private... so like 300ish for threads might work? 

also.... should you not be running to many projects. like if you try to run to many projects with not enough threads and proxies will that mess up gsa? 

(if so... how many projects, for youtube videos (link blasts is what i'm doing) do you recommend running at once with 300 threads? )

thanks
  • goonergooner SERLists.com
    Try 300 if you see many proxies are blocked then try less threads.

You can put as many projects as possible until SER says "out of memory", then you can use the scheduler - Again run as many as high as possible until you get memory problem.

Nothing bad will happen if you run too many. Only out of memory or maybe projects will not get enough links.

You have to test it on your machine, no one can tell you the exact answer.
  • I am using buyproxies at the moment on both as dedicated and shared private proxies.

I observe i can even run more than 10 threads on a dedicated private proxie even i tried with 20 threads per proxy and it works fine for me but i normally prefer simple rule 10 threads per proxy for dedicated proxies.

For shared proxies, limited myself to 5 thread per proxy yields more links as i am scraping targets too.

HTML Time out is 120 as @gooner said...... Many times i hit 125 to 150 LPM on 400 threads on contexual only projects so the more you high, more links you can get across multiple projects but better to test yourself.
  • ahhhh fantastic thanks guys :)