Skip to content

Proxy for email verification?

edited January 2014 in Need Help
I always use proxy for email verification, but the new feature "Important message" revealed that most of my email login is failed. So I wonder do you guys tick the box "Use proxies (Only Trans and Socks proxies)" in email verification? Will Hotmail ban my IP if I untick the box and let the system verify my email across all projects?

By the way I have private proxies for submission and public proxies scraped by GSA for scraping. The test for email login is successful when I untick the proxy.

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    Well not every proxy supports pop3 usage or SSL. Please check that first.
  • I use dedicated proxy from buyproxies.org. When I run the email test in the first time it failed, but tested it again second time(with proxy) it passed, I guess that's may be downtime of the proxy occasionally.

One more question Sven, is GSA use only private proxy for email verification? Since I have both public and private proxy I'm not sure which proxy type will GSA use. In the proxy option I tick "Private" for "Submission" and "Verification", is the"Verification" include email verification as well?

Thanks
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    It tries to use private over public here. So if no private is associated, it takes a public one.
  • Thanks Sven!