Skip to content

What's Up with All the Red Triangle Error Messages?

Haven't been using GSA for a while now, so this is something new... during the past 24hrs, my projects seem to be getting error messages.
I've always used GSA this way (based on all the videos I've watched) so not sure why I should keep getting these error messages and my projects throttled?

These errors seem to alternate between Tier 1 and Tier 2 submissions.

Feedback please?

Comments

• There's tonnes of threads about this. It's an error message. Seems that it's a bit temperamental. You can turn it off if you like.
  • edited January 2014
    Turn it off? Surely the very fact that there're error messages means there's something wrong? Turning off these messages does not mean the problem "goes away" does it?
  • goonergooner SERLists.com
    It's not an error message as such, it's an "important notification" and doesn't necessarily mean there is something wrong.
  • Btw how to turn it off? Anyone knows?
  • Right click on it.
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de

But this is again a serious message! You use the option in article manager to not post duplicate articles in a certain way. Now this notification let's you know that all the articles have been used. I don't think this is something to ignore.

As the error message said - add some new (or turn that dupe checking off).

• As per Sven, the "Error" messaging is to alert the user that the articles in the project have been exhausted and it's time to add some new ones..

I started getting error messages within hours of using this software... extra work no doubt, but I guess that is the direction needed, if one is to avoid dup content with links to their websites.

Sven.. when the alert comes up, does GSA STOP submitting links to the article networks or continues until manual intervention?

Thanks in advance.
  • spunko2010spunko2010 Isle of Man
    edited January 2014
    My warnings are that I am not using scheduled posting and not using site lists. I know this. How do I disable those error triangles from appearing for these reasons? I want to keep warnings on, but these don't seem like warnings to me unless you a bit thick?
  • Bit thick for your thicker skull perhaps...
    According to the developer Sven... the error triangles are warning signals that all the articles you have scheduled to be submitted by GSA have been sent to wheever your destination might be.. regardless of whether you're using sitelists or not, the articles you submit using GSA are always FINITE..

@spunko2010 but this happens if the project is unable to submit to anything for a longer time as no targets are present to post to.

@acronym an option will be available to stop projects on such errors, just not now.

• Sven, it would be great if the software could stop/pause the projects showing the red alerts automatically... especially for some who may let the software run overnight or on a VPS.

Thanks
  • goonergooner SERLists.com
    @acronym - You're rude and wrong, i get the same messages as @spunko2010 for the same reasons and yes it is annoying to keep checking messages only to see that it's telling me i don't have SE's selected, duh i know.

As for pausing projects with alerts, please god no - I already have to waste time reading the alerts!
  • Trevor_BanduraTrevor_Bandura 267,647 NEW GSA SER Verified List
    Yes why pause it?

Before @Sven integrated this fine new feature, we never knew about any of these problems.

Ok, maybe for the error about the article where the project is not creating links anyways, maybe then it can be paused. But from all the errors I have seen so far, there would be no need to pause a project.
  • spunko2010spunko2010 Isle of Man
    edited January 2014
    @Sven ok, thanks... but bizarrely my projects are still submitting fine. My proxies need refreshing a bit so maybe that's why. However I wanted to know how long does it take for the triangle to appear when no new targets have been found, in minutes? I think this feature can be useful to newbies however it would be nice to have one big 'OFF" button for it and apply to all projects, forever.
    @spunko2010 an Off button might come but I prefer to optimze this thing a bit and point users to possible issues and not leave them alone. that "no targets" message comes up if nothing was submitted for 2 minutes.