Skip to content

Tier One content

First let me start  that i am a newbie in link building.
Have been checking youtube videos lately, reading gsa & bhw forums and am at the point of either putting the time and effort myself or hiring someone else to take care of off-site seo.
The strange thing is that the more i read the more confused i get about the link wheel process.
And then you read articles like this one and it does not help:
http://www.matthewwoodward.co.uk/tips/seo-link-building-2014/

Please share your input and suggest what is a best practice for what i am trying to achieve.

Have designed a few sites for local construction clients.
Now they are asking to see their websites rank on page one in google.

I was thinking of purchasing the following:

gsa
gsa captcha breaker
proxies
vpn
gsa indexer
.......Any other recomendations?

I have a list of web2.0 properties that i might use for tier1 like wordpress, livejournal, weebly, tumblr ....etc.
I was thinking of ordering few articles (maybe iwriter) and using these articles on tier1 web2.0 properties.(manually or software?)
My question is do i use the same article on all web2.0 tier1 properties, or do i have to create an article for each web2.0 property?
How many web 2.0 properties should i create for tier1...i was thinking 10...is it enough?

can i use gsa to submit content to web2.0 tier1 properties?
Can i set the number of web2.0 properties created by gsa?
I was thinking of using spinned content for tier 2 and 3 backlinks.

Everyone says it is confusing in the beginning and it gets better  but i am having a hard time deciding at this point.

Please help.

Thank you

Comments

• No help?
  • 2Take22Take2 UK
    edited January 2014
    I would Imagine that "local" construction companies need "local" SEO, which fortunately for you is easy.

First thing I would suggest is to read;

Then implement some of what you learn in the articles.

Anyway, to directly answer your questions about Web2s....

I have a list of web2.0 properties that i might use for tier1 like wordpress, livejournal, weebly, tumblr ....etc.

Although there's nothing inherently wrong with them, all of those web2s can be easily automated by various tools on the market (except weebly, which is pants anyway!), so for maximum value look for web2s that can't be posted to (easily) with popular tools, or ones that have very strict moderation - these are normally the same ones that tend to rank well in the SERPs, so do some research.

I was thinking of ordering few articles (maybe iwriter) and using these articles on tier1 web2.0 properties.(manually or software?)

If you're going to use hand written articles, then post them manually to sites that fit the previously mentioned criteria.

My question is do i use the same article on all web2.0 tier1 properties, or do i have to create an article for each web2.0 property?

Build your properties out a bit and don't duplicate the content across domains, maybe post 5 unique articles on each, but do your keyword research, optimise them properly, add media, and then try to rank them in the SERPs to send not only link juice, but also traffic to your clients sites - This will also give you a good opportunity to (safely) learn how to use GSA SER.

How many web 2.0 properties should i create for tier1...i was thinking 10...is it enough?

Maybe start with 10 good ones, carry out the other stuff in the above guides, and then come back at a later date and build more if you think you need to.

can i use gsa to submit content to web2.0 tier1 properties?

I don't personally, but yes, if you pay for a subscription to "SER Engines" you can.

Can i set the number of web2.0 properties created by gsa?

Yes

I was thinking of using spinned content for tier 2 and 3 backlinks.

Sure, why not.

Hope it helps.

• goonergooner SERLists.com
    ^^ Great advice
  • Thank you for your help 2Take2.
    Can i start with semi-dedicated or dedicated proxies from proxy-hub.com?
  • Satans_ApprenticeSatans_Apprentice SERLists.com
    edited January 2014
    Great advice. I use proxy-hub semi-dedicated proxies, and i am very happy with the service. For content, you want to use good content on Web 2.0s because it is reviewed by humans. You can use well spun, readable articles, if you want. Here is my toolbox: GSA SER, GSA Captcha Breaker, (30) Semi-private proxies from proxy-hub, Www.theincredibleindexer.com, Article Builder (web 2.0 content), Kontent Machine 3.0 all other content (aka junk), The Best Spinner ( for misc. spinning), Rankwyz for managing Web 2.0, Scrapebox for misc. tasks,
  • goonergooner SERLists.com
    edited January 2014
    @toralb - You can use either semi-dedicated or dedicated to start with. I prefer buyproxies to proxy-hub. I tested both around 4 months ago and buyproxies performed better. I also recommend solidseovps proxies which are my new favourite, but i mention that company so much people are probably starting to think i get paid for every mention :P

Btw i rank local clients also, do the clients want you to rank their site on page one or create a Google Local listing and rank that? Ideally, do both and charge them more.

I have construction clients also and generally ranking them is not difficult, just be aware that if you are targeting a big city you may struggle to get to the top for "City + Construction" keywords. There are a lot of directory/review style sites that are dominating those places now with huge SEO budgets. At least in the UK that is true anyway.

So, you may have to be more specific with targeting regions of the city or sub-niches of construction... I'm sure you know what i mean.

• Thanks guys.

@toralb - With regards to proxies, you could probably start with 10 semi-dedicated and see how you get on (you will probably need to increase that number as time goes on though).

@gooner made some good points also, which you should definitely take note of.
  • Thank you for your feedback gooner and 2Take2.

The construction clients are based in canada, some of them are painters some roofers.

How should i approach targeting lets say "london roofing" or " liverpool painting" keywords?
    Should i build web2.0's manually? If so how many of them? Should i take my time in building back links?
    Can i outsource web2.0's and complete tier2 & tier3 with GSA?

• First thing that I would do is (lots of) keyword reseach to make sure that the phrases that you're planning on targeting are going to bring traffic (and more importently convert into sales). Check any historical analytical data for the site, or even run a quick PPC campaign if not, and then make sure that the site is designed around these.

If you want more info about PPC check out PPC Hero

You should look to make your web2s target secondary keywords that bring traffic, as it's probably not ideal to have them competing with your money site (although, there's no reason why you couldn't).

Off the top of my head, you could have an article like "how to check if your roof is in need of repair", obviously with a nice link back to your client's site, with the offer of a free inspection or quote.

Although you could outsource this, I'd probably suggest to build (maybe 5 or 10 of) them yourself, as at least then you will know that they are properly optimised and exactly how you want them.

You could then go ahead and set up a tiered campaign with GSA SER and try to rank them.

In the mean time I'd also be looking to go out and build other links to create more relevance ie. niche directories, citation directories (use whitespark to find these), pay for editorial in industry publications, guest posts on industry blogs, comments on industry blogs (that make sense and are related to the content of the post), exchange links with non competing complimentary businesses, (maybe) niche relevant forums, etc....

With regards to ranking for things like "London Roofing", *ideally* you are going to want the title tag to contain the term/s you want to rank for, preferably in as non a spammy way as possible.

Depending on what your keyword research tells you, I'd use something like:

"Roofing Services in London - Professional Roofers - Call Now - Free Quote"

(Note the use of a "hook" at the end of the title to increase click throughs, and also the use of "roofers" and "roofing" to help mop up more longtail traffic)

Others will probably have their own ways of doing titles that work for them though.

@gooner touched on a good point - you should also try to target other areas, and there's a really nice way that you can achieve this;

Most people go the route of either; having a big long title that includes every town or city that they've ever heard of, including every town or city that they know on the service page in an "areas we cover section", or create a seperate page (normally with mostly dupe. content) for every town and area they want to target.

This can work, but IMO it is totally the wrong approach.

There ARE other ways, but the way that I like to do it, is to build a set of case studies below the main service page (Roofing Services) in the site structure.

Using this method you can easily optimise for every area that the company has ever worked in. Make all the case studies unique and interesting, link them all back to the parent page, use proper internal linking, add media, a contact form etc...

You could even be really clever and include some social proof, maybe a testimonial from the client (then also dynamically show them on the main service page as well).

It sounds like a lot of work, but the site will gain a ton of thematic relevance that will help the main service page rank in the SERPs, and you will almost certainly mop up lots of longtail traffic (which will normally convert really well, and probably bring more sales than the big terms like "London Roofing" anyway).

Finally, when you've done all of the above, point a few high PR links at the main service page/s (and sit back and watch your client's site absolutely smash it in the SERPs).

There's obviously lots more that can be done, and you should also be looking at ways to get traffic by bypassing Google altogether, but this is all getting a bit too "whitehat" now, so I'm off to go and get my spam fix for the day (Before I get my wrist slapped by @ron lol).

Hope it helps.

• Wow i am surprised 2Take2.

Thank you for taking the time to detail the steps.
    I hope one day i can provide the same help and feedback i received from you today.