Skip to content

Save special project settings as [name] and access through project status menu

Hi Sven,

yesterday I had the following idea:

Is it possible to save project settings ("edit" -> the tabs "data" + "options") as a set, give it a name and access this set through project status menu ?

Example:
I have a project where I only wanna post a specific list of urls (my "top" urls) and don't want to search in search engines and I want a special ratio of my linktexts appear in this project.
Later on I decide to use this configuration on other projects as well.

Therefore it would be great to have the ability to save a special configuration, give it a name and save this config under "status". From there it could be assigned to one or more projects in the same way as now with "Active (verify only)" or "Active (search only" but with my special configuration.

Is this possible to insert into Ser ?

magix

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    Well you can save templates that could hold settings and/or data. Those can be loaded to other projects but only if you edit them. I don't think it's useful to add that for the status submenu. That would confuse people more than it would add a value to it.
  • How could I save templates ?
    Instead of adding it to status menu, insert another option into the right-click menu called "templates" or something like that.
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    edit project->tools->import/export
  • Oh, okay - sorry, I missed this. Thanks for your help...
  • But to assign the template to a specific project, it would be much faster to assign the template in the treeview with a right-click than to double click every single project.

Perhaps you could think of inserting another submenu in the right-click menu called "import template" with a flyout menu where you can choose your template.
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    Great idea! Would be super useful! This way, we could have a few templates and easily assign them to multiple projects.