Skip to content

keyword density in project setup?

I had been doing NO preference for the chosen kw/s so just putting them in once with a ton of other niche related ones. Now Im wondering if maybe I should/could up it a bit more for better results. What are you guys doing and have you tested different combos? I knew that I should lower it last update so I went in the other extreme but have tested the in betweens.

Comments

• i thought i had written a question about this before and turns out i had but not got an answer. was about to write another one but thought i might as well bump this one instead so it might get some attention this time around.
  • goonergooner SERLists.com
    I think most people use the spinfolder macro and use as many keywords as possible.
    I don't scrape with SER so i can't say i do that personally.
  • edited February 2014
    oops my mistake, i meant to say anchour text. better edit it. argh too late to edit the original :D
  • goonergooner SERLists.com
    I do URL/brand at 50%, general at 35% and keywords at 15% (at least 10 keywords so no single keyword will be more than 1.5%).

I don't think it matters much as long as keyword anchor text is low.
  • ronron SERLists.com

@PeterParker - you need a more specific plan that what you did.

Always start with the main anchors, and work your way backwards. Make a determination of what your principal anchors are, and then decide how much of a % each should get. Depending on the website, I am at 1% - 3%.

Make sure you analyze the top 3 or 5 in your niche, and adjust the anchor % based on what you see and your comfort level.

I think I am 25 on branding, 25 domain, LSI 20, Generic 15, Citation 5 or thereabouts.

You can poll a bunch of the older players, and their numbers are all over the place. There's no magic numbers, especially on all those other categories like LSI, etc.

If you are conservative on your main anchors, the worst case is you aren't moving fast enough in the rankings, so you turn up the %'s a bit. Easy to manage. No heart attacks. Pretty simple.