Skip to content

Best Way to Combine Site Lists?

BrandonBrandon Reputation Management Pro
I have been playing with the Import/Export Site Lists and there seems to be a few bugs there. Do you ever combine Site lists from different servers? how do you do it?

@Sven, the bugs I've noticed seem to be related to when I import, remove dupes, export. I can use the exact same files, do that process and get different sized export files each time. I thought it was strange then started testing to verify.

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    You mean import in a project as target urls?
  • BrandonBrandon Reputation Management Pro
    @Sven - No, I have multiple servers that each have their own verified lists. I want to combine these all into one verified list so each of the servers have the maximum number of verifieds.
  • Satans_ApprenticeSatans_Apprentice SERLists.com
    edited January 2014
    Try this:

1. Get a dropbox account and setup 2 folders, 1 for each server.
    2. In your projects, check "Verified" and "Submitted" (this reads from 2 verified lists)
    3. In your options=>advanced, use the dropdown and for "verified" select the correct Dropbox folder for that server.
    4, Use the dropdown for "submitted" and select the dropbox folder for the other server.
    5. the only folder that should be checked is "verified". This writes to only the appropriate server's verified list.
    6. Repeat the process on the other server.

Start both servers.

what did we just do? Both servers will read links from each other's verified lists as well as their own. They will only write links to their own verified lists. Trying to have both servers read and write to the same verified list causes issues. This is a work around that makes new verified urls available for both servers real time. If you want, you can do this with up to 4 servers adding "identified" and "failed". Over time the servers will sync each other. We have been running this for a few days with no issues. Just make sure that the instructions are followed exactly.
    Thanks for the info. I would prefer to do this manually rather than going through Dropbox, I already have a lot of bandwidth running through Dropbox with everything else I run syncing.

Any other way to combine Verified site lists?
  • Brandon Do you want to combine the .sl files or the individual sitelist files such as sitelist_Article-Drupal - Blog?

You could do this from the command line by combining the text files in a well written batch file or Powershell script. 
    @coneh34d I would prefer to combine the individual files, that way I know what to expect. Any example of how to use the command line or Powershell? That's outside of my area of experience.
  • The easiest way would be to use the copy command for each type of list to combine:

copy c:\serverone\sitelist_Article-Drupal - Blog.txt c:\servertwo\sitelist_Article-Drupal - Blog.txt c:\combined\sitelist_Article-Drupal - Blog.txt

Note that the above would be on one line.
  • why not use the import site list function?
    @Satans_apprentice read the OP, that feature seems to be buggy in my testing.