Skip to content

Link Removal/Disavow Tools Query

I had a site that got an unnatural warning from G, looked like they don't like sitewide links (it was from a paid advert in a tight niche but the site had many adverts). Removed the links and then got a manual review and they sent another penalty notice with some examples....directories/web 2.0s/article sites....which are from when I used Senuke on the site (used to bring very good results with my own templates I changed regularly for over 2 years).

So, I signed up to Linkquidator from BHW and had a look at others but that one seemed to be the all round package. However, I've noticed that one of the parameters of their service is "disavow index"......so all of these links that people are disavowing are being held in a 'bad neighbourhood' index....this is worrying and the reason why GSA SER could well be the only tool that is worth its salt and will be for a long time.

The disavow index is worrying to say the least...

Comments

• 2Take22Take2 UK
    edited December 2013
    Hi @judderman - I haven't looked at the service, but if I saw the parameter "disavow index" I would take it to mean "disavow the index page and all other pages on the domain" (as opposed to just disavowing separate individual URLs) or something like that?

BTW I agree that the disavow tool is nothing but crowd sourcing to help google to (try to) beat spam, and that there will almost definitely be an index of sites that are deemed to be "bad  neighborhoods", but I doubt that they would give people the option to directly submit URLs to it?
  • Ah of course, that makes sense. I presume then that this service has its own disavowed list that they add to and create their good/bad list from for future clients.

I interpreted it the other way around and shit myself a little :)
  • When dealing with google it's always better to be a bit paranoid, I mean they DID basically drive around the world hacking everyone's WIFI in the name of "Google Street View"  :))
  • Haha true true :)