Skip to content

How to disable Out of memory window?

How to disable Out of memory window?

I found old thread there, when people talking about some new option like "disable memory checking" but I don't see this option in current version of GSA SER.
So how to disable out of memory window?

Comments

• @sven
    Want to know this as well
  • @sven I also want to know this. I used to be able to run 500-2000 threads, but since I upgraded my site list I get this popup and it just pauses the program unnessarily. I know I can run gsa stable despite the high memory usage, but with this popup spamming like crazy pausing my projects everytime, I have to babysit my dedicated servers... We really need the option to disable this popup
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    Actually this is no simple popup. This is appearing if really no memory is available anymore and a function failed. This is in fact very critical and you should not continue from here but see how you lower the memory usage. I don't know what this is causing sorry, can be anything.
  • michamicha Uk
    edited December 2013
    I see @sven, please implement function "self restarting" projects or selft restarting gsa after this, because I have this error few times per day. When this error appears GSA SER is stopping sending new links.

People who don't want this option, could not check it. But I and others need that thing.

If it will restart GSA SER, or stop projects and start again, it will be good, because I don't like babysitting my server few hours per day  - now I waiting for this window and click no, no, no, no, or yes, yes, restart gsa, and start projects again.
  • edited December 2013
    This error message has also been driving me crazy beginning 1-2 weeks ago (I think). I used to run GSA ser just fine with 230 threads on my vps and only got it rarely though it didn't seem to stop all my projects then, if I recall correctly. Then the madness started and my projects would stop several times a day with this message, and I started reducing my threads by 5 at a time. Now it seems to "only" stop all my projects once a day as I've reduced my threads to 80.

Edit: If it is to any help, when I check up on my vps and it has been halted for hours by this "out of memory popup", there usually seem to be like 4-6 threads running still though they havn't written any messages in the log for hours. Also I'm unable to get ser running again, as I can't click the stop projects button (due to the last 4-6 threads which never closes, is my guess) to start them all up again. Furthermore I need to open up the windows task manager to kill the process before I can continue running GSA ser.
  • This message has been occasionally occurring for me even when I have no projects running though proxy checker is running still. 

Windows Task Manager and Cacheman both report 10+ GB of memory free.  SER reports low memory use although I notice what SER reports doesn't often correlate with what's shown in Task Manager.

I'm running this SER instance on a VMware ESXi virtual machine - I note above that fakenickahl is also using a virtual machine so perhaps the issue is related to this.
  • @Diji1 I using dedicated server, so this is not related onnly to VMware ESXi, or KVM.
  • One workaround you can use until this is fixed is make a script using WinAutomation (for example though this is one of many such macro maker applications available).

What I do is use the "Wait for window" function to wait for the error window then do whatever steps you deem necessary to get rid of it when it appears.  Then use the Go To function to return to the start of the script wait for the error window again.
  • edited December 2013
    i am getting this msg on PC with 12GB of ram too. When SER hits ~ 440MB(consumption) that error came out.
    but there are still free memory in the system
  • @Diji1 it works in RDP? Because when Remote Desktop is off, bots can't move or click mouse.
  • There's a good post on WinAutomation support forum that explains why this happen and some ways around it:

http://www.winautomation.com/forum/cant-get-it-work-vps-without-being-physically-connected-it

The best solution is to have a stable RDP client somewhere (I open an RDP client on another VM that just sits there) that opens a RDP session so you're in interactive mode.

HOWEVER: i think this can be done with keyboard and mouse interaction.  Note think, not deffo for sure.

(Sorry I'm high as f**k from NYE celebrations still)
  • You could just run a quick autoit script on your vps which waits for the error message and clicks it (with controlclick as that'll do it in the background). You can just leave that running on your vps without having to open a RDP client. That's at least what I do.
  • fakenickahl  can you share the script you are using ? To get rid of this message ? Thanks...