Skip to content

Import content from files

HI @Sven,

I am trying to import content from files, i have 100 content files and one file for article title, in that file for titles i have a spun of 1000 titles spun together, i try to import articles from a folder in content manager point to the 100 articles folder, then i point to the folder with the file with the 1k titles and try to import but the tool do not import the titles from that one file but just import the content from the article folder, do i do something wrong?

Comments

• edited December 2013
    I don't know if you did anything wrong; my advice would be to use a ser macro.  If you have all of your articles in a folder use 
    %spinfolder-project directory%; put this in the article field.  
    and for your titles use 
    %spinfile-project directory\nameof file.txt% and put that in the title field(s)

ser will easily pull the content from these files/folders

• the issue with the %spinfolder-project directory% is that in article manager, the tool is not tracking what as been submitted already, so if i choose to not post on the same account and use the %spinfolder-project directory% it will not work, I have asked @Sven about it and he said that the only option to use that is to uplaod the article to the content manager system in GSA, then it will keep track of the articles that it as already posted and note re-post on the same account.
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    please provide some samples and send that to my email.
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de

The file names in your title folder did not match the once in the article folder. They have to be the same or at least the number must match. As nothing worked here it took the first sentence.

Anyway next version makes things more clear here and offers more sources for titles to choose from.