Skip to content

Boredom/productivity qeustion: what do you guys do while you wait to see seo rankings?

I get so bored waiting to see my seo.

I have no soical life, hate most ppl, hence why i do seo, so no luck on that front. I often just stare at my wall in between seo to fill up the day waiting to check my precious ranking- every five minutes ofc.

i find with seo there is periods of compressed instensive work then suddenly its dustball quiet while waiting to see result- or more usually lack of results.

im looking into web design and photoshop now as new hobbies to fill the day as i figure they are useful skills to have while also using up the long lonely hours.

Comments

• have you ever heard about Beer? or Video Games?
  • edited December 2013
    Maybe take up programming useful tools for the GSA community by learning Visual Studio. If you're going to learn anything, learn HTML and CSS first, then Wordpress.
  • donaldbeckdonaldbeck Advanced SER Videos -> http://bit.ly/1ySrbwu | Learn SER For Free Step By Step -> http://sertips.com
    You should be making more websites in between the time you are waiting for rankings. There should never be down time. In SEO you could never finish all possible work in 1000 lifetimes. 

Sounds like you need to get off your computer more though.
  • sagarpatilsagarpatil 1LinkList Ninja
    Tried kissing a girl yet? That would be a start.
  • edited December 2013
    well @donald yes i could do that but i find it extremely demotivating when i spend 4 months trying out this technique that technique and whatever i seem to do nothing is rnaking so its like going intot he ring with tyson getting smashed to the ground with impunity then gleefully jumping back up asking for anotehr helping of asswhooping.

So ye, something different is what Im looking for. something to take my mind off my abysmal failure at SEO.
  • @PeterParker. Web Development for sure. Why? It is directly related to your SEO work, and is also profitable. You can always snag a quick $150 per page for a nice website. When you get good at it, people will pay for quality. I have built sites that have billed out at over $10K.
  • Do PPC if you want highly scalable and consistent income.  Nobody should be relying solely on SEO to make money. It's slow, laborius, and volatile. 
  • Do CPA or find some niches! :)
    • Don't focus on one website only, think about other niches. 
    • Create manual TIER 1 blogs that point to your money site.
    • Do some analysis in GSA (look at verified links you create)
    • Fine tune GSA. (there is always maintenance to do in GSA)
  • Lol Sounds exactly like what I did when I first started.  I always just followed 1 rule.   always be constantly building.  New Sites,  New links,  New Niches etc. etc. etc.
  • edited January 2014
    well ive found recently that research is a very important and underdiscussed part of the seo process. im creating decent amounts of links now but its sloppy since indexing isnt up to scratch and other such issues so research is where im at now. that is also a nice contrast to the workflow.
  • Build a business plan,  Make more websites, Keyword research,  Literally endless amount of work you can do with SEO.  Currently i have around 8,600 Websites.  Trust me the work can never end,  i used to work 18 hours a day 7 days a week for 10 years.   I finally had to hire people out and take a step back. 

Don't just sit around and wait cause you'll be waiting forever.  Always be building and ranking and you'll never be waiting.