Skip to content

Are You Using MEGA OCR? Would Love To Hear Your Exp

Looking at moving over to Mega OCR - those of you who are currently with them how are your recent experiences?

Comments

• Bad, i bought ultimate package (40 threads) but with 3 gsa licences from 3 heavy VPS megaocr never use more 1 or 2 thread on each. Also, success solving is only 10% and i think gsa is slowed by waiting for megaocr. => run away
  • I use it along with Spamvilla. The Mega OCR success rate for reCaptcha is like 15-30% but they also support other captchas so I guess it´s nice to have it.
  • i use it on 2 different vps

gsa ser -> cb -> mega ocr

solving rate on vps 1: 50%
    solving rate on vps 2: 33%
  • forgot to mention: i'm using mega ocr as second option WITHIN captcha breaker and not within gsa ser. don't know why, but it's giving me better results. this strategy is also recommend by the megaocr admin.
  • Though Mega OCR supports other captchas, the success rate on those is less than 5% for me.
  • royalmiceroyalmice WEBSITE: ---> https://asiavirtualsolutions.com | SKYPE:---> asiavirtualsolutions
    edited December 2013
    I switched to Mega OCR, soon after Spamvilla went AWOL, been using it as second option in GSA CB but i realized the success rate was low, and there is not much which GSA CB could not solve anyway, the few that was sent to Mega OCR was 95% of the time wrongly answered or "could not answer", i also noticed my LPM slowed down.
    Earlier this week i removed it as 2nd option from GSA CB and added it as 2nd option in GSA Ser, this slightly improved the LPM for me but still 95% was wrong or not solved.

My subscription is up for renewal on 4th of Jan.14, but i already informed Mega OCR i will not continue, as i don't see much point of having this tool since it does not really do much if anything more than what GSA CB already does. I must compliment Mega OCR on their support, specially the Skype support, they are pretty on the ball.

So after 4th of Jan i will keep GSA CB as 1st option, and then use DBC as 2nd option in GSA SER but restrict it to PR3+ and only for my Tier 1 projects
    When Spamvilla return back to earth and Kevin pull his finger out of his uhm, ear, i will add Spamvilla as 2nd option in GSA CB and toggle Recapcha and Mollon .
  • Thanks Royal Mice, I was just looking for a review of Mega OCR and seems I will keep my wallet in my pocket for now :)
  • edited January 2014
    I completely agree with @royalmice.

I have used service for 4 days. It has answered at around 25% but after spending an hour watching results (yeah that was a lot of fun!) not one single correct answer! Even what looks like some pretty plain simple stuff it throws back the weirdest of answers; not even close.

Support was great in getting set up but for me it just plain doesn't work.
  • MegaOCR with 'rotate proxies' give good rate of results.. ESPECIALLY for Recaptcha type ONLY normally 60% - 70%.. instead of nothing.. at least it solved for small campaign or churn and burn type
  • ronron SERLists.com
    Keep the discussion and debate going...I think a lot of people would like to know from the MegaOCR users what kind of results they are getting. I like the interchange with @Mitch and @eyman.

I'm hoping people can really spend some time analyzing the results - instead of just plugging it in and saying it works great.
  • megaOCR as 2 retries I am getting 33.96% success right now on one of my servers. I have the 10 thread package, but I've never seen it get above 2 threads for some reason.

• ronron SERLists.com
    How did you measure the success rate - manually?
  • Actually, it is only 25.32% success rate... I accidentially took the success/failed above.

@Ron - success/total 
  • It works well for me.... as i said above... i used it with proxy rotation system.. (proxifier) so i don't get any angry recaptcha (it can't be decoded at all)... and i just used it for recaptcha type ONLY.. if you expect for another type of captcha.. it don't give any great result
  • goonergooner SERLists.com
    My experience was that success rate was lower then Spamvilla and it attempted to answer less captcha (had it running on 3 VPS so that could be the reason).

But my main compliant was the desktop app was buggy, used too many resources and just locked up sometimes. Had to close from task manager. Not good if you are doing big numbers or pushing your VPS hard.

But hey, their customer support was first class in comparison to SV :)
  • Customer support absolutely first class. Helped me get set up but for me personally I just couldn't get it to solve anything and have stopped using it. But must say again I wish everyone offered his level of service.

Sorry, the image got little blurred as I was closing it and it turned into not responding white window. As you can see from the calculation, 59.09%, close to 60% almost. I run the very basic 5 threads package and it works OK. It would skip some captchas if you over burden it which is normal and I wouldn't worry about it.

Granted not all of them are sure shot success and quite a few ones will be wrong but I would at least guess around 40% success rate with answering all of them correctly.

I have noticed my Drupal verified lists and many "hard to post" sites list is growing.

Overall, it's been a pleasant experience and would continue to use it.

Hope that helps for anyone who is looking for the reviews.

And one thing I do and learned from @LeeG is to add MegaOcr service in SER instead of captcha breaker for optimal performance. Never tried entering in CB, but that maybe, just maybe, the reason for a little low success rate for others.
  • googlealchemistgooglealchemist Anywhere I want
    unlike some others, my experience with mega support has sucked largely since it is rather nonexistant...just get ignored

the app locks up alot and never closes right, needs to be foreced via task manager

it just doesnt 'seem' to try and solve many captchas. cb solves a bunch first, then i have it set to send recap only( i think) to spamvilla, then mega is 3rd choice. but the number of projects and threads i have going, no way the small number of attempted solves that show up in mega are all that is left over from the cb/sv combo

the raw numbers are about 3:1 unsolved to solved which sucks in and of itself, but gets even worse when i look at the 'solves' which are crazy amounts of not only false positives, but 'not even freaking close' false positives
  • edited January 2014
    My desktop ap gone, i only have not working shortcut  and when i tried to download it again from members aria on their website am getting no internet connection error, so I can't download the exe file  . so at this time i don't even have mega ocr . Don't know what's happening but will write to support tomorrow . Possibly my bad am jest saying , was working till today, . this happened after comp restart 

• My percentages vary a lot.. From 40% to 60%.. I experiment a lot with private and public proxies.. I guess if you can reach "good" public proxies you might get to higher percentages than from private proxies...
  • Bulletproof offers Spamvilla and MegaOCR as captcha tools, will these two in tandem act as replacement for CB/DBC?
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    Seriously, you use Bulletproof ? How can anyone use that crap? They steal your licenses and data all the time. It's full of cam and you trust that fraudulent guys!?