Skip to content

GSA SER 7.23 - "download failed"

@Sven: Since updating to 7.23, all my projects say "active" but with a brown background color. On top of that, a project that I've imported SB scraped URLs into only shows "download failed" for thousands of sites, nothing else anymore since the update.

Anyone else experiencing this/have found a workaround?

Comments

• edited December 2013
    Hey, I was just about to post a similar thread, been having the same problem as well. 
    I'm using 10 semi-dedicated proxies from buyproxies and they're all working when I check them against Google. Also GSA SER is allowed through my firewall and AV. 

Also noticed that my Verified Links are very low for some reason. For every 250 submitted I have 3 verified. 

Not sure what the problem is. 

Can anyone help us out? 
    Thanks in advance. 
  • I just noticed the same issue today. Many sites marked as "download failed" are actually loaded fast in browser. All proxies passed the test. So i'm eager to find out the reason as well.
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de

If test in SER works for proxies, you might have two issues still

1. You forgot to tag the proxies as private and/or did not check th box to use private proxies

2. the timeout is way too low in the options->submissions settings or the threads are too high. 

• I'm using 30proxies for 400 threads and 30seconds timeout.

"Also one note to the timeout. This timeout is not for the whole page but each time a new byte/bit from the server is received, this counter is reset and it has again the whole time set in timeout to proceed."

I have read your explanation about the timeout as above, so i set a low timeout. If in 30sec, no byte is gotten from the server, this target url will not be a good resource to post. Please correct me if i'm wrong. Eager to find out a better value for this setting. Thank you.

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    Yes you understood the timeout thing correctly, but still 30sec seems a bit too low if you really use 400 threads. You must have a good internet access for this to treat each thread/download good enough.
  • edited December 2013
    @Sven: I use 100 threads, private proxies (and they are marked correctly) and a timeout of 155s, which I think is more than appropriate?
  • Thanks. My internet access is dedicated 100mb. It's quite good actually, but for the proxies from buyproxies.org, i don't know how much 30proxies could handle. Anyway, i have changed timeout to 120sec. The "download failed" messages did decrease. So i will stick to this for the moment.

Also i got another question about verifying links need your kind answer. I have set tier2 to never verify. Will this affect email verification for the project?