Skip to content

Authorship image gone

spunko2010spunko2010 Isle of Man
edited December 2013 in Need Help
http://searchengineland.com/confirmed-google-reduces-authorship-rich-snippets-in-search-results-180313 Anyone else had this? All my sites are affected. I'm putting up a new site now, will see if it works for new ones. I don't know if it increased or decreased CTR but would like to bring it back for at least 1 of my sites!

Comments

• spunko2010spunko2010 Isle of Man
    edited December 2013
    By the way, I've done a brief analysis with regards to frequency of G+ posts, number of followers, first posting date etc... Can't find any sort of correlation here. As an example google 'buy google plus ones' and you'll see 1-2 results still with authorship images. Or try 'best android phone' and there are 10/10...
  • goonergooner SERLists.com
    Looks like they are gone for me too.
  • I'm assuming that it's the authority of the website that the profile is linked to. Checking that is quite impossible, though.
  • I have read similar stories as well. I've one question about authorship as I haven't ever did that, but @spunko2010 @gooner Do you need a pic with your face for it to work? I mean I was more interested about showing off my business logo rather than my face lol as it's not something which would be my main site.

Cheers.
  • And btw, this step just proves how cunning Google is getting. The fact was that faces took most of the CTR and the people who used adwords got cheap ass conversions I believe. I saw this already coming. Google will slowly turn itself to "marketplace" rather than being search engine IMHO. 15% reduction for authorship WTF. I mean I saw nice legitimate sites I was active upon as commentator losing it too, which is very cheap move on Google's part.
  • edited December 2013
    Authorship images are gone for most of my sites too.
  • spunko2010spunko2010 Isle of Man
    @pratik My CTR hasn't been affected as much as I'd initially feared. It's not like my competitors still have an advantage with their faces showing - they don't, thankfully. The -15% reduction that Google is spouting, is the best evidence yet that they are completely full of shit. I don't have any surveys to quote but I know using my own eyes that it's about -90% less in reality. There are VERY few sites with it now.