Skip to content

Auto Mailer

edited October 2012 in GSA Email Spider
Send E-Mails over your default email client (MAPI) (else we will try to send on ourselves/html might not be supported)

1. What is MAPI and how to install on wins 7.
2. Is there is anyway to send mail with GES in case port 25 has been blocked.
3. (else we will try to send on ourselves/html might not be supported) --> is this mean that GES will send the mail via third party SMTP ?

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de

1. MAPI is a way to communicate with your default email client. But this is not really working for most clients due to security reasons.

2. Not really except using a VPN. Though it is just connecting to port 25 on the remote system and it is not acting as a server.

3. yes

• 3. Is it auto? Mean we do not need to set any smtp acc and pay anythings else ?
    If you mean the "Direct Send" option than yes...though this is seen as spam by many servers.
  • I am sorry. I am new with the email stuff. Here is the situation. I am using wins 7, without MAPI, port 25 are blocked, don`t have any smtp server, clicked auto mailer enabled in GES, just clicked "Send E-Mails over your default email client (MAPI) (else we will try to send on ourselves/html might not be supported)" . Are the emails spidered will be send ?

edited October 2012
    The email is send only if you activate it (box under the box that lists the emails).