Skip to content

GSA keeps crashing now on me?

edited October 2012 in Bugs
Hi,

I submitted a report and screenshot in GSA but I'm not sure if it worked.

Anyway I updated to the latest download of GSA and ran the programme, it went all night from what I can see and was fine. I noticed 20 of my 50 private proxies expired, so I went in and did a test. 

It was around then that I got a problem (not sure if before or after) but I removed the 20 now failing proxies.

I went back and then clicked start and went to log out but I noticed it starts to crash. So I send a report, it crashes again and I have to use task manager to shut it down. I have started it again but now it just says "project stopped" for one of my projects and its frozen again. The error box came up again and I have stopped using GSA for now. I backed up both projects for now also.

I'm not sure if I should re-dowload GSA and go again or if there is something I should check. I noticed that when I tried to use GSA to get to this forum, that it wouldn't boot up my browser like it usually does either.

I'm running on a 1gb windows VPS, nothing else running on it. My memory is usually around 68% @ 30 threads on normal priority.

Please advise, and sorry for any inconvenience. 

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    I got your bugreport but still not sure what this is. might be something else that eaty up all your resources on that pc!?
  • Ahhh problem solved I think, it was a VPS error.

I went to go into remote desktop and it would not connect. Went into the control panel, and long story short it needed a reboot to function correctly.

GSA is now acting normal apart from 1 of my projects (the one that was freezing) is now in red? Where the name of the project is typed, its now typed in red font.

The email for that account is clean and the IP's are also clean. Is this normal? Or is it missing keywords/URLs? I thought they were both green.

Thanks for the reply Sven!
    G
    Its in red? It is saying something like "Broken" in Status?
  • No it says active, and its still running?
    can you make a screenshot?
  • edited October 2012
    I don't want to show what sites I'm promoting on here, so I'm unable to post a screenshot.

Your welcome to screenshare with me tomorrow if that suits you? Just email me a rough time and I can contact you from there if you would like to personally see it?

The project text is simply red except for the word active which is still in black. All the numbers are red also. I noticed the verifies are very low for it compared to the other project, so I thought maybe it was a warning? GSA doesn't give me any hints or warnings to go off, so I'm trying to guess. (sorry if I'm being a pest here.)

**edit**

After updating to the latest version the color is now purple instead of red. And the new updates are very impressive, I was delighted to see the question update "Type this xyz" into field. I've manually filled alot of them.
    Oh that you mean. The color is random and should help to separate different projects in log and verified urls listing.
  • Ohh ok, so its always like that. I just thought there was a problem especially when it was red color.
    Thank you for responding to me so quickly Sven, much appreciated :)