Skip to content

Targeting by ccTLD

Wanted to know how many of you think targeting by ccTLD makes sense? Should you target by language at least? Are the majority of your links for a U.S. based company coming from Korea or somehwere? Does the big G algorithm factor this in? Will it? Anyway, I don't have the answer, and from what I can gather everyone is still blasting away regardless of ccTLD, (i.e language, or country). Also, here is an Excel of all Google TLDs which can easily be sorted by language (credits not me)... https://www.dropbox.com/s/67vzbc3mqthwelp/Google-ccTLDs-and-associated-Languages-and-codes-Reference-Sheet-Distilled-2012-David-Sottimano.xlsx
Tagged:

Comments

• grax1grax1 Professional SEO, UK | White Label SEO Provider
    edited December 2013
    It all depends on your expectations, for example, if you want to strengthen your sites rankings in certain country then getting some backlinks from certain cctld would make sense. Nobody knows if it is in Google's algorithm, but I think that when you have a german site, with .de and german content on it and plenty of korean backlinks then it doesn't look naturally and these days if you want to keep your rankings you have to play very carefully with uncle G and it still doesn't guarantee anything. So generally in a long term sites focusing on relevant cctld maybe would be worth it, but in rank and bank strategy it doesn't play a role from my experience