Skip to content

Avoiding private proxy bans and download failed errors

So I have been using SER for a month or so and everything was fine until recently.

Every few hours I start seeing either a lot of "download failed" or "proxy banned by Google XX" in the logs. At this point I stop it, wait a while, re check all my private proxies and start again and it starts working again for a while.

I have 4 campaigns running with an average link per minute of 1 link. (i know this is probably so slow to everyone but I dont mind going at this rate)

What i've tried:
Search engine combos.
All English search engines ticked
Only 2-3 google search engines ticked
Only 1 engine google US ticked

Threads are set at 30.

Originally I had a 3 second wait between search engine queries but now changed it to 5. 
Random question about search query waiting - How does this work? Is it per proxy? per search engine? per campaign? or program wide?

Im using private proxies for everything except PR check - for that im using public. (just because I think that gets you banned from google quicker?)

Would appreciate any advice on what sort of things affect private proxies going down and/or getting banned. I think I have checked everything that seems obvious to me.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• The wait between SE queries is PER proxy. You'll be wanting to set this to 60 minimum, higher IMO. "download failed" usually signals a bad proxy, or you need to up your html timeout, or the page you're trying to download is dead.
  • Just to add to my question - im using between 60-90 private proxies

So what your saying is the search engine wait time is per proxy - so that means each proxy can only query every 60 seconds across all projects and all selected search engines. Is that right?
  • AFAIK it means the proxy will only query the same SE after xx seconds have elapsed, across all projects.