Skip to content

How To Improve Verification Rate?

My verification rate is running at about 4-5%.

What can I do to improve on this?

What verification rates are you getting?

Comments

• goonergooner SERLists.com
    Are you using blog comments - general blogs? That engine has pretty much the lowest verification rate so you could maybe disable it.
  • Thanks for reply @gooner

Article, microblog,Social Network, Selected Web 2.0 and Wiki.

• goonergooner SERLists.com
    No worries.
    Hmm well in that case it's probably because many of them require manual approval.
    Best bet maybe to build up a big list of verified links and use them on other projects whenever possible.
    I have a lot of dummy projects to feed in urls and then i take the verified and use on real projects.

It could also be an email verification problem, for example if you are using hotmails you need to make sure the junk folder is disabled.
  • Thanks for your suggestions, I'll look at the emails.
  • ronron SERLists.com
    edited December 2013
    Hey @Mitch, the Social Network thing has horrible results. I'm sticking with Articles, Wikis and then adhoc web2.0's from other sources.

Separately, I don't think microblog is a good platform for T1. For me that is in the junk tier. Have you ever looked at Microblog links? They are just like a profile - usually just the link, no content.

If I had to bet big $$, your problem lies in engine selection within each platform. Check out your List1vsList2 in the Advanced options, and look at those verified results. I'm sure you are using inefficient engines. I would also have at least 3-5 emails in each project as that makes a big difference (compared to one email).
  • edited December 2013
    Thanks for reply @ron.

These are Tier 3 links hence the kitchen sink approach.

I run a platform assessment every month or so and adjust engine selection accordingly. Pretty sure I got that from one of your earlier posts.

I am running with 10 emails per project from BIM, always been good for me in the past.

LPM is running at between 150 and 220 so plenty of submissions just surprised at the low verifications.
  • your lpm is really high. may i ask what kind of vps do you use ?
  • Hey guys went back and cleaned out blackmailed emails and my verifieds suddenly shot up to around 25-35%. 

I guess that and just my impatience again, not waiting for the verifieds to catch up.

@Jacklien pretty straight forward VPS setup, decent lpm down to a very clean list of approx 4 million that I add to constantly and clean monthly for dead accounts etc. Also pruning poor performing engines as @ron mentioned earlier all helps.
  • Found this thread. Have couple of questions. I'm scraping with Gscraper yesterday and even though I don't have footprints for general blogs, lots of them gets detected. And I have them disabled on all my projects. So it occupies too much time even for skipping it with stating no engine matches.

So @Sven, perhaps another useful feature in identify and sort in to ask in start whether to remove URLs from particular Engine or so? Very useful here in this case.

Secondly @ron First of all, happy new year! Do you allow duplicate articles and links to be posted on same domain? Because that's what I figured out by your multiple emails talk, perhaps.

Thanks!