Skip to content

identify + sort-in --> unknown types saved automatically ?

Hi folks,

when I do a identify + sort-in: where the "unknown types" saved automatically (in the "failed" list) ?

I know I have the option to save them manually but I'm wondering if they will be saved anywhere automatically...

Anybody knows the answer ?

magix

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    It's not saved automatically as Unknown engines are of no use unless you write a script for them.
  • Okay - thanks. I thought of this: perhaps in future someone will write any new engine that would be integrated or some engines get an update which leads to a better identification. 

Therefore I let it scan these lists (manually saved) from time to time to get a bit more identified. And it always finds some more sites - even if they where marked as unknown in the first try.

• I always save them. My scripts use these "unknown" lists to slim down newly scraped lists before I let GSA's identification algorithm loose on them.

Also, trimming the "unknown" lists to their last folder and/or to the domain usually results in new identifications.

• @Jab I didn't think of trim to root and last folder - thanks for the hint...
  • googlealchemistgooglealchemist Anywhere I want
    what % are we talking for new identifications if you trim to root? I'm surprised gsa finds a difference in processing?