Skip to content

Gscraper - Service termination problem with SolidSEO

So I remember someone having this issue and now I have too. Please note that this is not a bashing out or anything but simply asking for a help or guidance on how would I go on solving it. I hold 2 VPS with SolidSEO and more than happy (the suspended one is the 2nd one) which I just bought 2 days back to setup Gscraper and let it scrape 24/7 on a separate box.

I also bought Gscraper's proxy service and after an hour or so today (I did scraped yesterday for some hours) I got that alert email from SolidSEO. I was running Gscraper on a low spec box at other VPS company formerly and decided to move to yet another VPS of solidseo.

So what do I do? How would I go around fixing this stuff? The other VPS never had any problem as it runs GSA using only private proxies. I understand that SolidSEO also has to accept certain criteria as they also lease servers so this is definitely not a bad thing by them or anything.

@solidseovps or anyone, help?

Thank you.

Comments

• even i am facing the same problem.. Got warned 3-4 times using gscraper.. Netscan issue... Any one has solution for this.. Thanks...
  • edited December 2013
    stallion316 The only way to have a peace on mind on this and run Gscraper as you wish, is to get something like HMA where you can run Gscraper over it, the problem that Gscraper premuim proxies always leaks ends up with an abuse claim from our datacenter.
  • @solidseovps So using a good VPN should be fine right? I updated ticket with a question if you can see, reply and confirm to it.

Thanks.
  • edited December 2013
    hey @Pratik dont use hma..I used it..They also ban for netscan complaints.. I have been banned by them aswell.. We need a bulletproof vpn
  • Not sure if a BT Guard VPN would do the trick, but I can try one.
  • @stallion316 Thanks. Have not gone with it. I'm still not very tech savvy when it comes to configuring things. Now I downloaded openvpn as my VPN provided supports that method. However the problem is that as soon as I connect to it, I can't connect to my VPS as the IP changes.

I'm currently trying to see if NOIP would do the trick although its very PITA with changing IPs. Do you remember any solution that would still let me connect to my VPS normally instead of this BS?

Asking to @coneh34d as well if you tried it. :)

Thank you.
  • @Pratik The configuration you are going for looks like this here... The VPN client is installed at the server level on your VPS, not on the machine which you use to connect to the VPS.

That being said, here are a ton of setup instructions listed on the BT Guard site. Now, I do not even know if they ban accounts for netscan complaints, but my guess is if they facilitate torrents, they would be a likely source for what we are looking for. 
  • @coneh34d I definitely know how it works. But I'm having trouble in setting it up on VPS. For example when I activate or connect to VPN on my "VPS", I am unable to connect to RDP/VPS as VPN changes IP.

So I was looking if someone could walk me through that problem.

Thanks.
  • What version Windows server?
  • @Pratik This is accomplished with RRAS. There are quite a few discussions out there. 

Herre's what it looks like on 2012...

My advice is to coordinate with your hosting provider. They need to be supporting this type of stuff.
  • Lets see how good my provider is.... I am opening a ticket....lol
  • edited December 2013
    @Pratik The problem why u r being disconnected from ur vps is because u r using pptp connection.. Always use vpn that supports openvpn when using in vps.. :)
  • @stallion316 I am using openvpn as they support it as well. However as soon as I connect, I get DC from VPS/RDP. Any specifics to look into or prevent it from happening?

@coneh34d I'm using hide.io on recommendation/mention by @Startrip in a similar gscraper issue thread a few months back. I will report back on how the provider is after I use them for a while and see if they kick my ass or not lol. :D
  • @stallion316 and @Pratik PPTP and OPENVPN are two different protocol is not related to openvpn the company that sells the vpn service :) so we wont confuse you
  • I'm with @solidseovps and I just want to say that I contacted support and they gave me all the information necessary to set this up on the host I have. Very nice to get support like this.
  • One more thing for everyone.... here's a working setup with HMA.

• The more I look into this, the more I think the solution is something offshore where they could care less
  • for bulletproof vps,servers
    with great costs/specs
  • Any help on OpenVPS thing? Whenever I run VPN through any protocol whether PPTP, OpenVPN, anything I can't connect to RDP. Using VPN's IP to connect also doesn't work.
  • @Pratik, Just to clearify for other people because there is a confusing here that we might terminated your account for this, We never terminated your account, we sent you an abuse claim once we receive it to fix it and we always work with our client side when we receive something from our datacenter. Our datacenter limit the time for this claim to be fixed before they suspend the ip, so we push our client to act within this time frame, most clients would fix it and be running once they reply back and have the issue solved, the only one that we terminate are careless.

We also have several running Gscraper, but gscraper is different scenario, needs a vpn to be running then its own private proxies, thats why also several of our clients either do this or decided to run it on their on local machine
  • @solidseovps - coulld you guys document a VPN solution for SolidSEO VPS. This would be very helpful
  • @solidseovps I'm extremely sorry. I just realized this now only lol that I wrote terminated instead of paused or suspended. If @Sven can edit the title as I don't have the privileges to do so now as the time has already passed.

Just to clarify this to anyone that is wondering, @solidseovps is a GREAT host. This is my 2nd server with them. I never had any issues running GSA SER on the other machine. It was only Gscraper that is leaking the IP.

These guys are also extremely professional and helped me walk through the process and also tried their best to help me. Wonderful support.

As I already mentioned in the OP and would again, this is not a lashing out, NOT at all. I was merely trying to seek a solution on getting things running again.

Cheers. :)
  • @Pratik, Thank you very much for the feedback and Your Business.
  • edited December 2013
    coneh34d I have forwarded your request to our staff, we will have it on our knowledge-base soon, thanks for the suggestions. Noted :)