Skip to content

Project status to remove links or Active (D)

I have a website that was recently hit by the penguin updates. I am in the process of removing links to the website as I over optimisated the anchor text a little.

I found this feature mentioned and was wondering how it worked as for now my understanding of it is not allowing it to work for me.

What I've done is created a new project, ticked all the associated platforms I had links built on and uploaded a long list of email accounts I used to build these links. I then imported all the verified links that were built into the project. I've then set the project to Active (D) and clicked start.

Unfortunately nothing happens, it just says "setting up project", "starting project" and then n/a activity.

Am I meant to do anything differently? Or can't you add a project like this with all your verified links / email addresses used to create them and click the Active (D) option?

If anyone knows anything let me know! Thanks.

Comments

• edited December 2013
    I verified all the emails too and that didn't help either.
  • @sven any idea why it isn't running for me mate?
  • I think that you actually need the original project, but more importantly here's what I would do. I would continue to build links to the properties but dilute the anchor text pool. In your case I wouldn't use my primary anchors at all until. My site recovered. What I have found is this if you dilute that pool your rankings will come back. I have experienced it time and time again. IF ANCHOR TEXT IS YOUR PROBLEM
  • Hi Krushinem, Thanks for your advice it helps to reinforce what I was thinking too. Glad to see it has worked for you before. I am in the process of diluting the anchor text with domains related / brand. I just thought it would be quicker to dilute it all by removing links for money phrases at the same time as building new diverse anchors!
  • @krushinem out of interest how long did it take for your rankings to return? Did you just have to make sure you had a very low level of %money keywords to the domain? I know at the moment they are too high. For example the main keyword I was targetting has around 14% so that needs to go down lots. Luckily I wasn't stupid enough to build 1000s of links, so it should take too long to dilute it.
  • <less than a week

• my anchors were all primary keys

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    @tcsmith007 it needs more than just the email, also login/password. You need to import that as well.
  • @sven Yes I imported all emails with their passwords. I then ran the check and they all came back as live email addresses.
  • login = email in my case. So they are all in there
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    I mean accounts for the sites not the emails.