Threads die off a few minutes after I start running GSA

edited August 2012 in Need Help
I have my GSA set at 40-50 threads with good proxies but all threads still die off within a few minutes of starting the program.  I ordered a VPS and it does the same thing on the VPS as well.

This even happens when I only have I project running with only 2 platforms running.

Is anyone else having this problem?

Thanks,
Tagged:

Comments

  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    is it the demo version or a licensed one. If it is a registered one, message me your license name/email in pm.
  • Try importing some target urls, it should run at your max thread count when it has enough to do.
    In scrape and post mode, it only seems to allocate a certain amount of threads to scraping, so unless it finds a bunch of new urls, the thread count will be lower

    Why it does not allocate the full thread count to searching i do not know, presumably an attempt to avoid getting IP banned from the search engines.
    Sven will be able to better explain this.
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de

    Threads die off

    Damn I misunderstood this. I thought the program is crashing. Yes it is the thing m3ownz mentioned. 

  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    @Sven -  "@m3ownzWhy it does not allocate the full thread count to searching i do not know, presumably an attempt to avoid getting IP banned from the search engines."

    How does it allocate threads to scraping and searching? What about verifying? 33% each?
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    The program has to wait if a search should be performed and a previous search on the same search engine was done not long ago to not get banned. Simple as that. Now can we skip this whole thing? It is just not possible to improve this any further except as if you use proxies and modify the "wait between searches" setting.
  • edited August 2012
    I used to get much better results.  I left GSA running on my new VPS all night and only got 35 verified links.

    The thread count did not get any better with a verified site list.  It took about 3 hours to run one site list then I just stopped it because I didn't want to wait any longer. 

    The maximum amount of threads I've seen it go up to is only about 20.  And that's with # of threads at 100, with plenty of good working proxies.  I have also tried using private proxies too.


    I still love the software just wish I could fix it and make it run like it used to.

    Don't know how to fix this.
  • Maybe there is a bug, but i doubt it.
    Stop all projects and make a new one using only imported urls (deselect all search engines). It should hit your max thread count.

    Long running projects will slow down with time as there are a finite amount of urls returned from a se query, so eventually you will only find new urls when a se updates its index.
  • I think the problem is fixed.  I disabled all proxies and everything appears to be ok, except a large number of submissions but only about 10% verified.  

    Now just have to figure out why such a low rate for verified postings.
Sign In or Register to comment.