Skip to content

E-Commerce Questions|Issues|Strategies

Hi all,

I am assuming [possibly incorrectly] that most of the pro users on here are SEO'ing blogs for the purpose of generating income [i.e. affiliate type revenue, ad revenue, etc.]. So I wanted to start a thread for those of us who are running e-commerce sites [selling products directly from our site to end users]. 

Would love to get feedback from other e-com users, and also from the community at large!

E-com is a different beast to tame for seo. One of my sites has 3,000+ products in the shopping cart, with 45 brands.Obviously this is totally different than seo'ing a blog post.

To date, I have used GSA SER to drop Tier 1 links to the homepage for each of the 45 brands. Then I build out Tier 1's out to the 45 brand landing pages. Then I tier up from there using SER. 

On the side I use FCS to build up fast and easy Tier 1's. Love the service. Any tier 1's from FCS get loaded into GSA for linking. I use RW to auto pilot content on the T1's. I usually put 2 - 3 posts over a week and then stop RW. At that point I blast T2's on GSA.

I use SBX to support GSA a lot. First, I load keywords AND GSA footprints into SBX to generate new targets. Works like a champ.

In general, I find from tinkering around with the settings, these are the must haves for any project on SER:
1. Private Proxies. Need at least 10. Do not waste your time without proxies. You will need to change these out at least monthly.
2. Threads. I run at 200 on my laptop if I am doing other stuff. If the laptop is running on its own, I crank to 300. No problem at all, and it makes a big difference.
3. Keywords. When I first started using GSA about 6 months ago, I stayed very thin on keywords that were relevant to my niche. Now my keyword list is 100k+ HUGE difference. Use SBX to generate your keywords. It could not be any easier to do.
4. Search Engines. Lately I have been checking all. This actually seems to have lowered the effectiveness for some reason. I am going to start narrowing down the list again to see if that zeros in on targets better. 
5. Enable the advanced features. Like a doofus, I did not learn the awesome ability of SER soon enough. Three months went by before I realized to enable the list building features in the advanced options. This is hugely important to the effectiveness of your projects. The more you use GSA, the bigger your lists become, and the more effective your future campaigns are.

Overall A+ for SER, once you know how to use it. My sites generally rank top twenty consistently for 100k+ keywords. I need to refine my efforts and learn more to get from top twenty to top ten. Here to learn from the best :-)  Any feedback|advice is appreciated.