Skip to content

After blasts how long does it take for you see rankings improve.

Hi After gsa tier blasts how long does it take for you see rankings improve in google?

Comments

• what is a "blast" to you. that would depend on the answer.
  • BrandonBrandon Reputation Management Pro
    After a typical blast I expect to see results in 3-14 days.
  • 10 to 14 days
  • As above, I generally see results within a few days to a couple of weeks, but there are loads of different factors that could influence this.

• Thanks guys, on the gold days before the pandas, I got raking over night with xrumer, but now some sites were hit and still could not get them back!!! Also I m trying new sites but its harder to rank fast with new domains.
  • grax1grax1 Professional SEO, UK | White Label SEO Provider
    edited December 2013
    On most of sites generally the same as the rest said, but I have one site that I build links to that have already 400 contextual t1 links (all SER) and 5500 t2 links - all supported with incredible indexer. I use Serpbook for tracking my keywords so I can see every rankings change up to 300 position - nothing moved, every phrase am I trying to rank for is still out of 300. This is a fresh registered site and I'm building links to it since 19.11.2013. I know that there is no SEO without patience but completely no dance looks weird for me. What's more, the quality of this site is much better than other ones that I was able to rank, more content, interlinking. Do you also have some sites that simply don't rank ?
  • goonergooner SERLists.com
    edited December 2013
    @grax1 - Yea i have sites like that, sometimes i have other sites in the same niche that ranked just fine too.

It could be that the domain was owned before and penalised or some other reasons i guess, personally i don't really look into it that much. It's just part of the game, build sites in bulk and not dwell on the individual ones is the only answer i can offer.
  • I have one that was some of know classifieds site from my country, and this site was totally black hat, after got hit no matter what I do it does not come back.

grax1  I think I m on the same situation got stuck google does not dance with me anymore.

• @gooner, how do you manage to build sites in bulk? The more I do seo, the more I realize this seems to be the only answer to do well however I'm really struggling to get sites up quickly.

Niche/keyword research already takes a while, then slap up wordpress, throw a theme on it and then it takes me ages to get just 20 articles written myself...i mean halfway decent articles where you don't get a 90% bounce rate.

Do you just outsource all that? 1 pagers don't stick long anymore it seems.
    @johnmiller - I mostly outsource, the writing for sure has to be outsourced. Writing is the most time consuming thing and i hate it so i don't write anything at all.

Then kw research takes about 30 mins and building the site 2 - 3 hours. With content written for me i could build 4 sites a day easy.

Helps if you have a few good themes that have a colour picker. Clone the site, install on new domain, delete all content, change colour and add new content.

But i outsource all except kw research, a 20 page site would cost about $130.
    Articles $5 x 20 = $100
    Site Build $8/hour x 4 hours = $32

If you don't want to do that then just build bigger sites over broader niches. Like product review sites for example.
  • 2Take22Take2 UK
    edited December 2013
    Hi @gooner, what are the $5 dollar articles that you buy like quality wise?  I've been using Textbroker but it costs about double that for one 500 word article, and at that price point the quality is still a bit hit and miss.

edited December 2013
    @2take2 - I have my own writers taken from places like Odesk. It took a lot of crap to find that cream though as you can imagine. These days there are a lot of US/UK ex pats living in places like Thailand/Philippines who can write good quality stuff for that price or a touch more.

You could try iwriter and use their re-write service. $4.25 for 500 words i believe. I know a guy there that does pretty decent work for that price. They have a 3 tier system for grading writers and that price is middle tier so that eliminates nearly all the junk from the start and it's copyscape passed too. So yea, i would recommend that dude. I'll PM you his username if you need it.

90% of the time i take existing content and get it re-written, as long as the original is good there is only so much damage they can do on the new version :D
  • How long is a piece of string?

It well very greatly between niches, seo strategy, etc.
  • 2Take22Take2 UK
    edited December 2013
    @gooner, Yea, I know what you mean, I personally haven't had much luck with Odesk in the past, but I might fire the old account back up and try looking a bit harder.

If not, then I'll probably go the re-writing/Iwriter route, and shoot you a PM if I get stuck (thanks for the offer BTW).

"as long as the original is good there is only so much damage they can do on the new version"

:))

• Thanks for the reply gooner, much appreciated.
    Yea i have sites like that, sometimes i have other sites in the same niche that ranked just fine too.It could be that the domain was owned before and penalised or some other reasons i guess, personally i don't really look into it that much. It's just part of the game, build sites in bulk and not dwell on the individual ones is the only answer i can offer.

thanks for reply @gooner, this site was fresh registered, so never used before and couldn't be penalised, but anyway, I think I will try your approach, I mean building sites in bulk. I think I was too focused on just a few sites and now I understand that it doesn't make much sense to concentrate so much on a couple of domains since I'm far from building big authority sites. Now I'm gonna register a few new domains as well as create some web 2.0, put content, set up projects and test different approaches. Due to this site I mentioned, that haven't moved at all I understood that creating more sites is far better for me than focusing on just a few since I'm not experienced seo that can be sure that will rank every site created.

• @gooner Mind PMing me that guy's profile? Cheers.
    @pratik - Sure but i am away from home so i will send it to you tomorrow. If i forget please remind me with a PM. Cheers

@grax1 - Even though it was fresh registered it could have been used before and dropped. You need to check whois records to confirm it.
    @grax1 Ok, now I got what you mean, yea, might be possible but I doubt somebody already registered that name in the past, but anyway, I'm gonna drop this domain soon and create a few new sites
  • @gooner

What is your monetization strategy with bulk sites? Targeting with Adsense or Affiliate?
    @idreesfarooq - Mostly affiliate, a few Adsense sites but overall Affiliate sites make more money
  • @gooner thanks for respone. Normally how many articles per site you prefer? or 20 is your bench mark for one site.. and i am sure you schedule your articles for your site, so it is one on each day or after 3 days...And any guidance on getting bulk domains........seems a big hurdle for me at the moment. Building 4 to 5 sites per week. and doing everything other than articles by myself.
  • @gooner Just pinging for that guy's address. ;)

May need in future sometimes.

Cheers.
    @idreesfarooq - I add as many articles as i need for the keywords i have, no magic numbers.

I don't really schedule them either, i just add them whenever i can. I believe random is better anyway. Some sites have articles added over months, some all on one day. Depends on when i have the time, work schedule, whether i get bored etc. I don't think any of that stuff matters much tbh.

For domains i use internet.bs - Cheap and free privacy too. Hosting - I have lots of shared hosting accounts.

Hope it helps.

@pratik - PM sent bro
  • @gooner do you use web2.0 for ranking?
    @unikbit - Yes, if i can't rank with SER only then i use web 2.0s as well.