Skip to content

GSA + Squid Proxies = issues, Anyone else having this problem?

Hi Guys, I have posted this question in "need help" but dont think anyone has seen it so posting here in the desperate hope that someone can help me.. I have GSA+CB running on SolidSEO Geek VPS with 25 Private Dedicated Squid Proxies but My proxies keep failing in GSA! I am running 150 threads with 180 html timeout and 20sec between searches. My Problem is that my proxies fail every 10-20 mins. **I have my proxies saved in txt file on VPS desktop and have GSA set to search from this file and retest every 10 mins. when GSA retests they light back up and GSA starts again but i am just wondering how i can stop the proxies from consistently failing. the fact that they keep failing is drastically slowing down my submissions so i am hoping that i have somehow configured GSA wrong as no one else seems to be having this issue (i am a long time reader of this forum and would like to think that i know my way around this great software to some degree but this really has me stumped). I am not sure if it is just Squid Proxies or me? Here is a screengrab of my settings: http://screencast.com/t/I4lr3MzmjyFj Any help or advice that you can give will be graciously recieved and appreciated!!!

Comments

• Searching the forum, it looks like many others have problems with the quality of Squid Proxies: https://forum.gsa-online.de/search?Search="squid+proxies"
    I'd suggest trying a different provider - most recommend buyproxies.org
    I'd raise your time between searches too, as AFAIK that is a per proxy setting
  • Great! thanks... I'm gonna swap proxy providers. I've spent the last week changing settings etc and still no progress (i was convinced that it was something i had wrong). Think i will try buyproxies.org and see if that makes any difference. Thanks again for the response Cherub Much appreciated!
  • any idea what is an appropriate time between search setting to start out with?
  • I use 180 seconds between searches, but am pretty conservative
  • You can left them by default, 60 seconds!