Skip to content

Assign proxies for different tasks

Hello,

I've looked through the options a couple of times now but can't figure it out. In the past I used NoHandsSEO and it would work there: you could assign a certain set of proxies to do the scraping (f.e. public ones or a set of semi-dedicated ones) and assign a set of proxies for posting only (f.e. your own private proxies).

However, in GSA it seems like whatever proxies you enter, they are going to be used for all the tasks ticked. So if I tick scraping/posting, the proxies will do both. If I select scraping, the proxies will be used for scraping and the VPS IP for posting (correct?)...

Am I missing something or is there a way to do the above?

Thanks!

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    well you can set them to public or private...so it's two type of proxies.
  • Thanks for the reply Sven, but that's not what I mean.

For example, I want to use this for scraping:
    http://www.blackhatworld.com/blackhat-seo/proxies-sale/515461-25-000-elite-private-proxies-free-trial-instant-setup.html
    (reverse proxies, thousands of IPs but low quality, changes every few minutes, i.e. good for scraping and cheaper than buying dozens of private proxies)

And then I want to use private proxies for posting only.

However, both private proxies and those I linked to above need to be configured as "private" in GSA.

So I assume right now it's not possible to assign different sets of proxies to different tasks? I.e. set 1 for scraping, set 2 for posting (but both being private ones)
    well in the end you decide what proxies you put to private or not. It's just a category.
  • Hm, maybe I'm not getting my point across. Both my private proxies (IP:port:user:pass) as well as the reverse proxies need to be set up the same way. They are both private.

As far as I can tell, I go to options > submission > configure and then I insert my proxies from 2 different providers. But now I have a huge list of proxies! How is GSA supposed to understand that I want to use proxies from provider 1 only for scraping and proxies from provider 2 only for posting?

Maybe I'm just missing something...and maybe...just maybe...you're talking about the "toggle private/public" option? If so then I'm stupid and apologize.
    if you imported proxies to the list...you right click on one the once you want to use for scrapping and chose toogle private/public. Than you should separated them into two categories.