Skip to content

Remove duplicate URLs or domains?

I thought I'd ask this here. What you guys would recommend when cleaning the site lists? Do you do remove duplicate domains or duplicate URLs instead? I do URLs but I always thought clearing duplicate domains should do more nice cleaning?

Thank you.

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    Yes use the cleaning of duplicate domains. By default the program unchecks engines where multiple posts make sense (blog comments e.g.). So it should be safe if you use "clear duplicate domains" and just hit OK.
  • @Sven Cool, trying now. Because I thought it'd be logical to remove those and clean up the list. That also means faster processing so better utility and shouldn't affect LPM more or less I believe.
  • @Sven Is that still the case since new engines have been added?
    What exactly do you mean? The engines are all properly selected. It's not something fixed I have to set in the program. It's within the script files
  • edited October 2014
    @Sven For example, Guestbook engines use pages, right? But they aren't unchecked by default when I select "Remove duplicates by Domain".
    because there is in the end just one place to add a link, unlike in Blog Comments e.g. where you can add a link to several blog entries on one domain.
  • @Sven Aha. I understand now. Thanks a lot. :)