Skip to content

Adding Articles to File Automatically Pulls from %spin folder%?

I have a bunch of files on my desktop that my projects pull the content/titles from using %spin folder% - if I just keep adding articles to the folder, does SER automatically use them randomly? I'd like to get to around 100-150 spun articles to ensure that I have an almost infinite amount of content that SER can use. 

Also, @ron alluded to the fact that SER pulls data from Dropbox faster/better/more efficiently than from the desktop? Is this correct and why is it, if so. I have no doubt that he's right but my VPS is pretty quick and Dropbox is a little laggy, for me anyway. 

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    yes if you use spinfolder macro, it is choosing a random article.
  • Cool I wasn't sure if it would have to be restarted to pull the new articles I drop in the folders.

Thanks
  • ronron SERLists.com
    @JudderMan - Check it both ways. It is illogical to me that SER would be faster grabbing something from Dropbox as opposed to the hard drive. Like the way a lot of things happen on this board, somebody mentioned it, I tried it, and it was definitely faster for me on my VPS. The main lesson I learned in all of this was to quit unnecessarily bloating SER with big files.
  • Thanks dude, I am testing it your way too. I just think Dropbox is a little laggy but it does make sense to keep SER as 'clean' as possible.