Skip to content

gsa posting to email submit form only

Hi Guys,

I'm the 'victim' of my own spam, in that a blog I own with an email collection box is being posted to by some projects I have running - couple of questions:

1. where would I find my blog that is being posted to, to remove it from global sites list? I've looked in 'general blogs' in each of submitted, verified, identified, and cannot find it in any of those

2. why would ser fill out an email field only? This is not a contact form, just a custom email collection field with no other fields, seems a waste of resources to find and post just to an email collection box?

Comments

• meh also meant to ask: can I stipulate urls to specifically ignore in projects (preferably globally obviously), so I can enter all my own properties for skipping?
  • BrandonBrandon Reputation Management Pro
    I've had this problem too. SER posts to contact forms and the owners don't typically like that...
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    Give me details on what engine / URLs this happens.
  • wordpress blog, don't want to give the url here as it's one of my own money sites it's posting to.

It's just a simple email collection script hardcoded in the blog header
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    so you mean the engine "wordpress article"?
  • I'm not sure what it'd come under tbh - I have a wordpress blog with an email collection box - last 2 days I see it filled with a bunch of what are obvious auto-generated email addresses. On investigation as to why I'd be getting those, I added an IP checker, and see that the IPs are all my own exclusive private proxies - so it's me spamming my own email collection box lol :D If it weren't for me receiving the email addys in my collection database, I'd never have known it was using resources posting only an email address.

All I get is the email addy, so I guessed to look in global lists under blog comments - couldn't find my naked url, and I just looked again under wordpress article and only find it as so in brackets here: (the url I'm posting to, which I'll call here moneysite1.com I also have running in another project(s), so though I see it, only under eg: http://www.puen.in.th/link.php?url=http://www.moneysite1.com/internalpage.php )

I see that going forward I can add 'do not post to urls containing' so I can manually enter all my money site urls, repeating on all projects as I don't see anywhere to have this option globally, *if* that string is exact match and not part match? Or would entering 'moneysite1' prevent it from posting to any url with the word 'money'?

Hope all the above is clear - if not I'll expand as needed :)

• ok weird - I went in and added 'moneysite1' to skip sites with the following words in url/domain, but it's still merrily posting away. Stopped and restarted ser, same result... I assume posting from global list overrides that local setting, rather than the other way around?
  • ok I found the (wordpress blog) url in:

social bookmark pligg

which is where I'm assuming it's finding the email collection script to post to.

• ...which hasn't cured the issue '_'
  • ok solved that one - had to close and re-open ser rather than just stopping/restarting :-)