Skip to content

What does mean "ability to import URLs holding site lists"

Hello, All is in title, what does mean this new feature? Thanks

Comments

• You can do the following thing with this:
    take scrapebox or your prefered scraper tool, search for a list of autoapprove-blogs using the filetype:txt option and copy the results (all the urls it finds) into a txt-file.

Then take Ser, import this txt-file using the "ability to import URLs holding site lists" option and it will open every single url from your file, scan its content (all the urls) and do a "identify and sort-in" action, to let your "identified"-list get really big :)

That's it. Hope it's clear now. I don't know if it could identify lists other than in .txt format but I think sven could clear-up this question...
  • Thank you, so i mean we can plug GSA to use a "realtime updated" list made via ahrefer for exemple.
  • Oooh, I likes the sound of this. Saw the option today and wondered what it was too. Thanks Magix
  • @magix: I'm not sure I understand. With the "Import URLs (identify platforms + sort in)", doesn't GSA do the same i.e. visit the URLs, identify the platform and sorts them in? I also imported those via a text file.

I'm obviously missing something, because I don't know what you mean with the scrapebox filetype:txt thingy. Any link to a tutorial to use SB to find lists of auto-approve blogs?

Would really appreciate some pointers, thanks.
  • Search blackhatworld dot com - you will find many, many SB tutorials there. 

If you have a list of sites that are holding autoapprove-lists (for example a list of 5 urls and on every url there is a huge list with aa-urls), the you can import this list (of 5 urls) into Ser and Ser will go to thoose 5 urls, scan all the aa-links on thoose sites and imports and sorts them in.
  • @magix: Thanks, that makes sense. I didn't expect people would just post their scraped AA lists up for grabs in public, lol. Good to know they do.
  • BrandonBrandon Reputation Management Pro
    @johnmiller yes SER will do that if you just import the URLS directly to a project. Importing them to identify is an extra step for most people. I import my URLs directly to a project and let SER do it's thing.