Skip to content

[PR Feature Request] Option to Select Check PR of Page

AlexRAlexR Cape Town
edited October 2012 in Feature Requests
Under the show urls --> verified. 

We have the option to show updated PR, check index, etc. Most users are using GSA with "Use Domain PR" as a filter, but under this verified list it is showing the actual page where the verification was found. 

I am creating a set of "master URL's list" where I know there is some excellent page PR. At the moment I have to use another program to do this. (export URL's, then use other program). I basically strip out all the page URL's where there is N/A PR and keep the ones with PR1+. 

What I'd like to see is an extra column for PAGE PR and the option (i.e. you can choose to check for page PR) for GSA SER to check the page PR of the verified links. 

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    The PR you see there is the PR of the domain or the page according to your project settings.
  • OK, I am just setting up another project and this thread gave me an idea.....

What about right clicking upon one of the top level platform groups (article, blog comment etc) and having a popup box to select either the page or domain PR filter. This way, rather than having lots of different sub groups within your project (which you need to do to separate PR and platforms) you could simply select the PR (page or Domain) within each project for any platform?

Now, that would give us some serious PR filtering ability for each platform :)
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    @takeachance - great idea! 

@Sven - I know it's based on the project settings. What I'm saying is that most use the "Domain PR" in project settings. BUT on the verified list you have actual page URL's. It would be nice if there was another button we could press that get's the PAGE PR of the verified links (irrespective of project settings). (i.e. runs the verified URL list through a page PR checker. And maybe have an extra column for page PR that we can sort by) 

This allows us to build up a very nice list of sources where we can get some good PAGE PR links. I.e. you might have a domain PR of 6, but you're finding the pages with PR N/A. 

Currently we have to use SB to do this and it would be better if it was all handled in-house with GSA. 

If you click on PR Update button you can yes to get PR of page and than it will change.
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    If I press button is says "Get PR of domain else page". So the PR that it gets is either of the domain, but if not found then the page PR.

How do I get it to only get "PR of Page" without changing project settings? (I don't want to change my project settings to use the page PR)

Basically, I want to choose to get PR of the Page of the verified URL's without changing my project settings. I also want it to show the PR of the domain as it already has that data, hence maybe an extra column for the page PR?
    Hmm no wait. If you click on NO in that dialog you get the PR of the page.