Skip to content

Edit only engines/options

Sven:

I selected all of my tier 2s and 3s, and changed some settings. When I got done, it unchecked all of the anchor text options for all of the projects. Now I've got to edit them by hand.

Comments

• ronron SERLists.com
    edited December 2013
    You should be paging @sven on something like this as it sounds like a small bug is the cause.

I actually found a problem exactly like you described. It will help if you can provide exactly what you changed so you (or someone else) can recreate the problem.
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    should be fixed in next version.
  • It happens when you make any change and save it. It wipes out all of your anchor text %, and unchecks all of the anchor text boxes. It also resets any changes that you don't make in the options. The tricky part of this feature is that this screen will change every field in the projects you have selected. For example, if you have different minimum pageranks for the projects you've selected, and you don't make a change in the editor, the minimum pageranks will all change to "1". The functionality that I would like to see is that it only changes functions that you physically change. So, if you edit a couple of fields, the unchanged fields don't change. One way to do it would be to have all of the fields in gray, and as they get changed, they turn black. Another interesting software enhancement would be to be able to select a bunch of projects, right click on them, and then have a dropdown with what field you want to change.
  • @sven thank you! You are the best! Here is the functionality I'd like to see. Let's say that my LPM is low because I set the minimum pagerank for all of my projects to "3". Let's say that those projects are set at different tiers, some are contextual, some are junk, etc. I want to change only the minimum pagerank for all of these projects to "1" without changing any other settings.
  • ronron SERLists.com
    I typically open all the project files in Notepad++, and make changes that way. It gets a little more complicated if you have different settings among those projects, but it is still easily doable.