Skip to content

Want to get your rankings unstuck?

Build great content and silo it. It will break the logjam. You should be looking at writing pages for your money keywords (silo pages) at 1000 words plus. 1000 is the new 300. If you stick 10 new articles into a silo, your rankings will jump. It is getting harder to rank with thin content (Panda Algorithm).

Comments

• What about 1 article 1k words ?
  • It's a nice start. Add (10) 1000 word articles themed to your target page.
  • edited November 2013
    what about one 10,000 word article?
  • How about (10) 10,000 word articles?
  • what about 1k 1 word articles?
  • Trevor_BanduraTrevor_Bandura 267,647 NEW GSA SER Verified List
    What about are you talking about? x10 = 100k lol

So basically your saying that you're taking your exact articles from your money site and putting them on a different site word for word?
  • 2Take22Take2 UK
    edited November 2013
    I obviously can't speak for him, but I think that he's saying that if your rankings ever get stuck in a rut, you should add more content to your site, the best way to do so being to add the content in what's know as a silo structure.

Updating your content, adding to it, and adding more pages (which is best done in silos) are all things that I've found help, especially if you're stuck on page 2, and in all of the tests that I've carried out 1000+ words per article definitely seems to be the magic number.

All in all, good solid advice IMO.

• @2take2 - well said. Although (10,000) one word articles with no links to your site, with a 5 tier link pyramid in a wheel configuration, pagerank 11 and above is the best answer here.
  • 2Take22Take2 UK
    edited November 2013
    LOL - Been out on the sauce mate?
  • Forgot - make sure that the links that you don't have to your site are "no-follow" to take advantage of the double negative effect that will put your site in the top 3 overnight. If you don't link your articles to your money page, making them nofollow will quadruple the link juice.