Skip to content

Re-importing verified list - way lower verified percent second time

Hi,

Say I extract around 5,000 verified links.

I think import these into a fresh project, becuase I want to build links from these as targets again.

The second time around, I'm seeing a huge drop off - about 60% of the sites I can no-longer post too, with identical settings.

Any idea why? From logs, it looks like it's not identifying the platforms when it has already managed to submit to them.

Could it be to do with the precise urls gsa uses as targets @sven? ie does it import the verified urls, but they're different to the original scraped urls, hence hte drop off... I'm using mainly article / wiki sites where I'm getting this issue.w
Tagged:

Comments

• this is with around a week gap between the first scraping + posting, then the second posting, and the 60% figure is after I've removed dead links from sites that have gone offline btw.
  • goonergooner SERLists.com
    edited November 2013
    It's strange, i have noticed this too when posting from verified list only and just after i cleaned it up.
    I saw "no engine matches", "no form" and "download failed" sometimes. No idea why
  • Having similar experience, I did a test with a 12k verified list on the next day was able to get 7k only out of the list using exactly the same setup but for content & emails obviously. Heard from several guys that they face similar problems, I mean 10-20% can be natural due to sites going down and stuff but about 50% is quite huge for a 1 day time frame for me. Maybe sven knows an idea how to fix that ?
  • Yeah it's really annoying - I've got 8 copies of GSA on different VPSs... I even bought Xrumer and am trying to mod it to create user accounts, to then import these into GSA - although this is tricky for Drupal in particular...
  • @theseo1 - what are the platform types you're using out of curiosity? I'm finding this is particularly an issue with article sites
  • All article + Social Networks
  • Would be great if Sven could chime in, since I ran a test today which showed really strange results in the end:

Took a verified list of social networks + articles, in total 2.1k verifieds in there. Ran the list 3 times, 50 diff shared proxys in total, unique hotmail for each run, manual captcha solving as a backup for Captcha Breaker:

Run1) 1800 verifieds
    Run2) 1270 verifieds
    Run3) 880 verifieds

Seems to be some kind of bug for sure, I cannot imagine over 50% of the sites getting offline within 1-2hours. 
  • @theseo1 - definitely an issue. @sven, I've had similar experiences as this.
  • edited December 2013
    Strange to see you guys see huge drop within hours after initial posting.

I experience initial drop also (not huge %)....higher % usually happens within days/weeks. There is many reasons...

Website Moderation Added
    Website Down from Heavy Load/Spam
    Website Dead/Shutdown
    Proxy/IP Ban
    Wrong Captcha
    Over Bandwidth (happens very often)
    Etc.

Don't expect SER to have a 100% re-submission on verfied list. Try to re-import verified list 2nd, 3rd, etc. time.
  • Jpvr90 fully agree, but the drop I'm experiencing is really huge and looks strange to me, definitely nothing normal I'd say.
  • yeah, if I do a back to back run with global verified global lists there is sometimes a 30-50% variance in verified links between projects. same settings, no other variables
  • Me too. Seems GSA SER has problem to re-detect the engine for verify list.
  • edited December 2013
    yes even i see this problem.. I am facing this problem After doing a cleanup in gsa ser..And i am seeing a lot of "no engine matches", Seeing drops in verified links
  • I feel like it may be because the verified link maybe labelled as say 'xpressengine' when it's actually 'wordpress' or whatever - is anyone else seeing this?

Although I'm still seeing a drop off even if I build exclusively 1 platform of submission engine, then re-run with all platforms selected.