Skip to content

No verified links using engine types requiring email verification anymore

hi

I have a problem with my projects where there is an "email verification" process using engine types like forum, social bookmarking, social networking... I really think it looks like a bug but i may be wrong.

between sunday and monday, i ran the project and had no verified links. At that point i used live dot com emails.
between yesterday and today, i have setup my own mail server, created my own mailboxes with no junk folder and one of my domain. I had the same outcome. No verified links. None of any emails i used are blacklisted. They are all successful when i test them in GSA. In the log, it says also parsing emails. 

I have a big list of "await account verification" when i click on "submitted" in the pop=up menu of my project clicking "show urls">"submitted".
I don't have any verified links anymore.

I have decided to give a try to the Active (VE) mode (verify emails only). after clicking on this, i see the number in the submitted column of my project decrease but the number in the verified links column does not increase.

After clicking on the Verify emails in "status" on the pop menu of my project: 
I had records in logs showing it is working. Here are a sample of records
But the number of verified links (2192) didn't increase even if this project ran for one night. The number of submitted links (3113) decreased. In the project there is no filter of PR, no filter of dofollow. No filters at all.

Please help 

thank you.

Comments

• bloupbloupbloupbloup Spain
    edited November 2013
    Here is another screenshot of email verifications in my log
  • I also have one project with a gmx email and it is the same.
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    please provide a project backup.
  • fyi, 

link sent to you inbox.

• Update:

I can see in my log that GSA finds the verify links coming for instance from a forum website in the mailbox. Then, GSA clicks on it. But then, nothing happens. It looks like the engine types where an email notification is necessary has its process broken. 

FYI, i have no junk folder in my mailbox and i have tested it with outlook.com gmx.com and my own domain domains.
  • FYI, Sven is working on it and it is great.
  • Thanks for the updates @bloupbloup Hope it will get better soon. I also tested with different emails and results were the same. I have 16k links awaiting verification in one of my Tier2 project  :D
  • @system0102

I hope it too. 

My projects on the same TIER level are disabled because they all require email verification. So now, i am only using TIER projects that send comments to the forum profiles created before.
  • For those who are not aware of the issue

You may see a high number in the "submitted" column and very few or no "verified" links in the verified column of a project like this:

• @sven

I don't know if it can help...

I have switched the second project to Active and i had 34 verified links that came in. This phenomenon already happened. It is strange. If a project submits let's say 100 links on day one and let GSA automatically verify links, no links are going to be verified. if i pause the said project for 1 or 2 days, then when i switch the project to active then some links will appear to be verified. for your information, i have never had new verified links on those projects using the Active(V) (verify only) mode.

• @sven

For your Information, i have looked into my verified links and i have seen that i had a huge drop in verified links starting on the 27th of november 2013 (and still going on...)

I wanted to see if some updates were done on that particular day (or the day before) but unfortunately there is no date stamps for version releases in view > version history.  

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    sorry didn't track dates as well.
  • I think I am running into the same issue.

I setup 2 new campaigns with just contextual engines. 

1. used a hotmail alias
    2. used a global email that I created on my own domain

Both are around 500 submissions so far in with 0 verified.

Any ideas?
  • Wizzardly 

Welcome to the club :)

As i am typing i am still trying all sorts of different settings. Nothing successful for now. 

It can be also possible it is not related to emails but another setting in the project.
  • edited December 2013
    Here are my settings. Not sure what else it could be. I definitely see the emails in the email boxes.

• @bloupbloup what are your settings for the verifying? When I switched to Verify Email Only and then Verify  Only the links started showing up some. Looks like the custom time was preventing the system from checking on the links. I do not know if they would have auto checked for them in 1 day or if it is bugged all around. Still doing some more experimenting. 
  • ronron SERLists.com
    edited December 2013
    You can open all the .prj files in Notepad++ and change all the Customs to Automatic. 10 seconds.

I would also try emails from a different source just to see if that is the cause.

The verification routine on SER is 5 days. The reason is that account creation/new link is not immediate for many engines, and many of the links (contextual especially)  can take a few days to happen, if at all.

Another issue is that you may be submitting to crap engines where it is very difficult to get any links. Hell, I can run SER and submit 100,000 links per day on some engines and never get a verified link (because they use recaptcha, etc.). So don't forget that some engines are awesome and some have a low yield. The best way to sort it out is to run all engines, keep a sharp eye on the data in advanced tools (List1 vs List2) to see what the problem is, and choose the best engines.
  • bloupbloup as far as I understand email verification Active(VE) checks for confirmation links and if found places url to submission queue so number of verified submissions  will be increased the next time when GSA will run submission task(if successful).

decrease in verified/submitted ratio, besides caused by possible bug in new update , can be also caused by varies others reasons.
    a. proxy went bad.
    b. you submit to the same list and list "worn off ".
    c . you using same list of same 5 emails for 100 projects and GSA submits same email to the same url and counts it as successful submission.
    d. you switched from captcha service to CB or CS that recognize captchas not as accurate and GSA counts submissions with incorrect captcha as successful submission...(not sure about this one but sounds possible).
    and so on.

• @Ron @zass

waiting 5 days is something i haven't done. I setup GSA to check submissions automatically. I never use the same emails plateform for each project. 

So, i decided to give it a try i asked the project to stop after 5 submissions per URL (got 13 of them so it is 130 postings). So, it is not getting to look for submitting for ever.

I decided to only check the best forum engine types that provided me lots of backlinks by the past.
    Burning Board, phpbb, php-nuke, Vbulleting, XOOPS. 

a. I have tried with public and private proxies. no change
    b. I only post to unique domains. no global list. No double posting on same site (just to see)
    c. unique email address, unique plateform = one project
    d. Interesting. I am going to replace Captcha breaker by Deathbycaptcha to see. thks. 

Thank you guys. Finger crossed.  
  • i just googled around and find this thread, the @bloupbloup issues is the exact problem that hit me now..

i use Gscraper to scrape my list of Article, and only scrape wordpress article, drupal article, and buddypress article

This is bunch of submitted status, only few Verified link..

And show url > submitted, all say "awaiting account verification"

This thread is on Page One if you google it, all GSA user will see this Thread if they experience this "awaiting account verification" problem. This will answer all GSA user problem at once.

So please @Sven help us, how to fix this?

*PS: and also i look ODD things on this thread.. bloupbloup is like to talk to himself.. is any post was deleted in this thread? i dont want to miss the information..
  • There's a ton of newer threads about email verification and there were some pretty big problems I pointed out in a recent thread but I think Sven fixed most of the issues with v 9.45

You awaiting account confirmation just means you are waiting for the verification email and/or awaiting admin approval of the account. Something else to consider is that a helluva lot of emails never arrive for contextual engines. That isn't SER's fault. That's the sites themselves or problems with your own emails.

I suggest you read the 1st few pages discussing low LPM and email verification.
  • edited December 2014
    I have the same problem since updating GSA this morning. I have about about 60 submissions with 0 verifications as all are awaiting verification.

...is this a problem on my end or something with the update?

Thanks
  • edited December 2014
    @oldfusser sorry i new to this community, i dont know and google it, found this thread. Wow that make sense, thanks for the clarification bro! i never bother it anymore :)

And oh yes, can you give me the thread link so i can read it bro.. thanks againn