Skip to content

Importing Kontent Machine file into GSA

When I create a Kontent Machine file and export it in a GSA template then import it to GSA, I'm not sure how to override GSA links settings.

In KM, I set the contextual links properly. However, when I import that file into GSA, I think GSA adds its own contextual links. So I get extra. How do I make sure GSA doesn't do that - that it follows KM's settings totally?

Thanks.
Tagged:

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    I don't own that software but as far as I know, it puts a %link% macro into your article. If SER sees this one, it will not put any link on its own to the article.
  • edited November 2013
    you have the option to put in your own links during the setup of the project; km doesn't insert %link% automatically you would have to use a token during article creation; so either use the token and use %link%; or setup your urls\anchors normally and use %url% and %anchor_text% in your url set and keyword set fields
  • ronron SERLists.com
    edited November 2013
    @jonathanjon - Some people said that feature (templates) isn't working right. I always use %url% and %anchor_text% in KM, and it works just fine (just double click on that narrow link window and stick it in).

I am only trying to get one link embedded somewhere in the article - and this works perfectly as the KM spins have <a href="%url%">%anchor_text%</a> embedded within the document. It doesn't get any easier than that.

Once I build the KM spin, I don't use export/import. I simply copy from KM the Title, Summary and Body - and paste in SER. 3 copy/pastes - that's it. The rest of the settings really should be set by you at the project level, like for example, categories. 
  • ron, if you use %url% and %anchor_text% in KM, where do you set it?

Also, if you put that, does it mean it takes the url and anchor text from GSA?

So that means for KM3's new feature where you can put percentage of follow/no follow and link/brand anchors - this won't work right? (Coz I like this new feature - especially the "brand" where they DON"T leave a link, just a citation of the url/keyword - good for co-citation)

Thanks guys.
  • ronron SERLists.com
    edited November 2013
    You set it in the second screen:

You double click that box above, and you get the screen below. This is how it should look:

This token is a GSA SER token. That means SER will see that token, and drop the anchor text you want in there.

I am a huge fan of both SER and KM. So I am fairly objective when I say it is a mistake to use KM to manage how you do your SEO. You have everything you need in the SER project panel and general settings panel. You can control everything. You can even get your citations - which I use by the way. I control follow/dofollow by simply understanding which engines are nofollow vs dofollow - I manage that at a global level. I control my branding very carefully in SER - and use no other software for that. Everything is in one place.

• 2Take22Take2 UK
    edited November 2013
    ^^^ Nice post.

@Ron's method above will work perfectly, but another way this you can set it up is like this (although I would normally insert contextual niche relevant authority links in a couple more places for my tier one)...

• ronron SERLists.com
    +1. Nice tut on that mimic contextual - never knew about that.
  • Thanks ron, I only found it by pure chance myself  =))
  • edited November 2013
    Thanks guys for the input.

Ron, I couldn't really see what you put in there since the image is too small. Is it %url% in URLs and %anchor_text% in keywords? (Does this mean that if you insert these macros, SER will not additional links as they normally do?)

Also, Ron, how do you do citations (i.e. URLs or Brand Names without links) in SER? Also, what do you mean by you control your branding in SER - how do you do that?

Does the "Use Citation" percentage in SER mean the percentage of the percentage put in "Branding  Anchor Text" and "Domain as Anchor Text" or does it mean percentage overall. That is, if I put 10% for "Branding Anchor Text" and 10% for "Domain as Anchor Text" (both are 20% in total), if I put 10%  in the "Use Citation", is that 10% of 20% (= 2%)?

Thanks.