Skip to content

Too much memory in use, waiting till more is available.

edited October 2012 in Need Help
On a machine I was once able to run 300 threads at a time and submit 10k+ a day, I now get this "Too much memory in use, waiting till more is available"

It floods the log, from every project.  I have dropped the threads down, in steps slowly.  I am down to 100, and still getting this.  It started at version 4.40.

So that copy of GSA is currently doing nothing for me.  Once it starts flooding that message it goes down to zero threads running, and stays there.

The machine has 6 gigs of ram, and only GSA + Captcha Sniper is running.

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    And you never had any problems running that many threads?
    just added an option to disable this for upcoming version. Though it would be interesting what your setup is (maybe you can get me access to that mashine to see why it can work fluently without memory issues).
  • Wow, i'm not the only one with this problem?
    ;)
  • I never had an issue at 300, in fact I never had an issue at 400.

Its a virtual machine, in VirtualBox, running windows 7.  The host machine is debian linux.
    strange, if I release the update later on where you can disable this, please let me know what the memory usage is for 400 threads. Just curious. 
  • Its running great at 300 threads.  400 it really has issues still, but 300 is fine. So thats still great.
  • Teated out GSA at 650 threads and it's very stable and works like a charm.

@Anon752 having 6 GB of RAM won't really matter much because GSA is 32 bit so you would never consume more than 2GB of RAM.

I would suggest you to restart your Captcha sniper whenever you are having memory leak issue, that would solve your issue.