Skip to content

SER created 20`000 accounts to wordpress.. com

Recently I scraped with SB a list with wordpress footprint, aprox 150`000, imported urls to SER and let it run. Now I see that ser is waiting for aprox 20`000 acount verification from wordpress. com. Ser also tried to post aprox 23 times to paypal.

The option - allow posting on same site again was not enabled.

The problem - none of the urls i had in my list had the word wordpress in it , but when ser tried to register on given site e.g. example.com it lead it to official wordpress site.

How to avoid this in the future ?

My solution:
Now I added wordpress com to blaclist filter and to the urls that should be skipped if the word is in the domain, but will it help ?
@sven - your advice is needed.

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    Hmm you mean if a domain redirects to *wordpress.com it should be skipped? I have to add that in script. What is the reason for this?
  • @sven - it seems that many wordpress sites are set up in the way, that when somebody push "register" (in the sidebar area there is a widget called "META" that is provided as a default setting) it leads visitor to wordpress. com where they can start their own blog.

Ahh ok so http://www.wordpress.com is the one that is redirected to?
  • I've lots of unneeded sites every time as well like Wordpress, PayPal, Yahoo, and even Google...and so on which never leads to a verification.
  • @sven - https://signup.wordpress.com, but you could also add paypal.com, amazon.com and others what @pratik mentioned.
    next version should fix it.
  • hi, @sven was update for this issue included in 7.11 or is planned for later ? i just uploaded huge wp list and ser tries to post to signup.wordpress.com
    hmm I need a sample URL than where this happened. It should have been fixed but never tried it. Just modified the engine script itself a bit.
  • @svenI can send you urls i uploaded after scraping wp footprints (a lot of them) to run them on some kind of dummy project. Maybe you can tell which ones are causing this issue, i see only result.
    Should I send it to gsa support ?
    yes please do so.
  • @sven Sent it to your inidividual email, didn't notice the info@ at the beginning.