Skip to content

where is the link?

I am still trying to get a handle on GSA but a thought occurred to me last night, and re-watching many of the videos, I could not find the answer, although it is probably very obvious, I just want to make sure I understand it.

So I am setting up a Tier 2 campaign and the URLs are verified links from my Tier 1 campaign from other software.  So I paste all those URLs into the URL box for a new project.  I've got a decently spun article for the content and all the other stuff (desc, summary, about me, etc).  As far as anchor text, I understand GSA will use what I have entered in the anchor text field (is that spun; ie, "{red|blue|green} widget}"?) and also use the URL a defined percentage of the time.

But for platforms that have text like the spun article or summary or description, where does GSA *insert* the URL to use? Does that URL have to be part of the content that I define for the project, where then it would just pick one of the URLs from my Tier 1 that I defined?  If so, how do I designate to use a random one of those URLs?

But more importantly, does GSA just insert the URL with anchor text into a random place in the content or how do I make sure the URL is there when running this Tier 2 campaign?

Sorry for such an elementary question but I woke up thinking about this in the middle of the night and could not find the answer this morning.  Thanks!

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de

1. GSA = company, you probably mean GSA Search Engine Ranker or GSA SER as it is shortened.

2. You do not need to copy/paste URLs from a nother project to a tier project. Just click the box to define a project as a tier for another one. Than the URLs are pulled from there automatically in intervals.

3. If you have a look at the article manager yous ee that the program offers 3 ways to add your link automatically in a article. That however is only done if there is no %link% macro in it already or if there is no anchor text found where it would automatically make a link from.

• Thanks Sven, yes I meant the software GSA SER.

I am creating the Tier 1 links with another software, so while I understand how it is done if I had created the Tier1 links also with GSA SER, I didn't so that is why I am just importing all those links into my new GSA SER project.

So if I want to ensure that a random one of say 50 URLs imported would be used in the content, I need to include a sentence with "%link%" in the article somewhere, is that right, and then it would select a random one of those URLs?

• To clarify the question further:

There are two fields in GSA SER -- keywords and anchor text. I thought keywords was used by GSA SER to find sites that discuss that topic as candidates for posting to, is that right?

That said, I guess I'm really not sure what the anchor text field is for, which can be spun, but based on what you said, I *think* that if your content has something like <a href="http://mytier1site.com">#keyword#</a> it will select a random one of the set of anchor texts defined?

That is the new question. The original question, using the example above, is how can I do the same thing with a load of tier 1 URLs that were loaded into the URL field; ie, something like:

<a href="#LINKURL#">#anchortext#>

where GSA would select a random one of the 50 tier 1 URLs entered into the URL field, and a random one of the anchor texts that were spun?

You don't have to put %link% in the article. You should only do that if you want to control more where a link is inserted. If you don't do that, than the software will put a link for you with one of the URLs and anchor texts you defined (random one).

Keywords are used to locate sites, where anchor texts are used to place a link. For some tasks this might be the same, but some people e.g. like to search for "dog" (keyword) related sites and place a link there with "dog training". So keyword and anchor has to be different here.

• so if i want to allow gsa ser to handle the whole thing, do i include ANYTHING in the article or content, or just let gsa ser select a random url from my list and a random anchor text from the defined list?

and if i let gsa ser handle the whole thing, does it do it in such a way that it would not stick out like a sore thumb, screaming "i was done by a robot"?

Well just leave it to SER and watch the results. If you are not satisfied, modify the article to your needs.
  • 2Take22Take2 UK
    edited November 2013
    So if I want to ensure that a random one of say 50 URLs imported would be used in the content, I need to include a sentence with "%link%" in the article somewhere, is that right, and then it would select a random one of those URLs?

Yes, Import your 50 Tier1 urls into the project url data field, insert the anchor text that you want to use in the anchor text field (spin it together) and insert the %link% macro into the article either randomly, or however/wherever you want it.

SER will automatically replace the %link% macro with a random url from your list, and a random anchor text from the anchor text field, and wont add anything else to the article, unless you tell it to.

You can also do it other ways, but you'll probably find that way is easier/better.
  • and I don't need any HTML code or BB code around it anywhere, just insert %LINK% and GSA SER will take care of the rest?

• Yes, that's correct.