Skip to content

Lots of "Submitted", not so many verified. Can someone explain?

I'm not complaining. When GSA "Submits" a website, what happens? If it's "Submitted", has it successfully run through the entire process - Captcha, Username, Password, E-mail Verification, etc?

Can someone help me understand why thousands of Submissions are never verified? Is there any way to improve the success rate?

What kind of verified rate can be expected with contextual links - Articles, Social Networks and Wikis?

Comments

• BrandonBrandon Reputation Management Pro
    Submitted means that SER submitted info to the website. It is now either live or moderated. Sometimes the moderation queue (blog comments for example) will never get through. Some sites manually moderate.

Blog comments will have VERY low verifieds, but VERY high submitted.

Articles and social networks will be decent.

MediaWiki will have very high verified percentages.
  • About what I thought. Moderators put the kibosh on it.
  • When you say "decent" about what percentage get verified?
  • ronron SERLists.com
    edited November 2013
    @Satans_Apprentice - Check out this thread I started last year: https://forum.gsa-online.de/discussion/3698/indexing-things-i-have-learned/p1

On Contextual Tiers, you are creating brand new properties that are not indexed. Zero indexing out of the gate. So it is obvious that we need help indexing there.

With only a crawling service (Lindexed), I was able to get around 35% indexing after a few weeks to a month. Not that great. That's why I use the new indexing services here (I use Incredible Indexer (https://forum.gsa-online.de/discussion/5999/the-incredible-indexer-with-integrated-api-highly-recommended-gsa-indexer/p1), but there are others here now) as they drive the number closer to 60% in one day. So it's a no brainer. 

On Junk Tiers, SER is finding the pages to post something on, and that requires that the page be found in the search engines - hence it is already indexed. I think my junk tier indexing % is 75%. I guess the reason it isn't 100% (even though all properties were found in the search engines) is because a good number of pages we post on can still be found on Bing , Startpage, etc. - even though they are not indexed in Google.

• What is a good verified (not indexed) percentage for contextual links?
  • @ron I'd like to know what @Satans_Apprentice asked on the above post as well.

Cheers.
  • ronron SERLists.com
    You have to look at your own data to make a judgement. I honestly can't remember what I get. It's not an easy number to get as you have to track your contextual projects, and then subtract out the other tiers from the grand totals. My rough number for all projects used to be around 20% verified. Now the overall number is probably closer to 10%. When dealing with contextual tiers, you will get a helluva lot more verifieds if you use readable content on T1's that can pass a moderator.