Skip to content

Video from Google webspam chief about posting comments

Comments

• He says blog comments are fine, but if ALL your links are from blog comments, then that is a red flag.  A good reason to use SER, which creates a lot of link diversity.
  • When he says at "high level" i guess he means that if you are a PR7 and if you posted 100 of thousands of comments, they will do something. 

@SEOGeek , nevertheless, comments numbers grow way faster than other engine types if you check blog comments along with forum,wiki,articles...etc..etc...

i suggest to use comments as a TIER 2 and TIER 3 and a bit as TIER 1. 
  • Yeah, that is probably a good strategy. Anyway, thanks for the share, it's always good to stay on top of what the big G is thinking.
  • @SEOgeek

I personnally use comments engine types for moneysite, Tier 1 and Tier 2 but i control the creation of comments for moneysite because it can really outnumber other types of engines in my project. 

If i check blog comments, guestbook, img, trackback (that's the comments system group) on one hand, and forum, microblog,social bookmarking,social networking, i know there will be always more comments than anything else. i consider to create a project only for comments to my money site because i really can fine tune it. and setup something like "5 verified URLs per day".