Skip to content

Keywords, anchors, URLs are not consistent between Kontent Machine and GSA SER

I exported content from Kontent Machine. And my articles from KM has been customized nicely with all keywords, anchors, and URLs. BUT when I import into GSA SER, there are several things I concern:

1. The keywords and anchors field have keywords that are very few relating to my keywords from KM articles. That led to 2nd problem:
2. When I previewed the articles in SER, all the urls, keywords, anchors from my customized KM campaigns were all replaced by those keywords and anchors, with sample URL (because I did not input any urls from urls field of SER) from above.

So my solution is, when exporting articles from KM, I unticked "Replace all URLs with %url%" and "Replace all keywords with %anchor_text%". And I unticked Insert URLs and Images/Videos in SER

The articles then become better just like my set up from KM. HOWEVER,

++ There is still 1 link that was automatically inserted in the article using the keywords and anchors, and sample URL from (1) + (2). I am trying to remove it, but I have no choice since SER only have these 3 options: Sentence at the bottom, Sentence in article, and Just link in article?!?

Question:
1- How can I remove the link from (++)
2- Do I need to remove the keywords and anchors from (1), if I leave these field blank, what's the effect?
3- What are the keywords and anchors from (1) used for?
4- Do I need to manually input and spin my keywords/anchors which I customized for KM articles to those fields?

Thanks for reading and helping me.

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de

Maybe it's easier if you post your KM content you try to import or make screenshots.

As I don't own KM I can't say much about the options there.

• 2Take22Take2 UK
    edited November 2013
    I don't really understand your post, as above, some screen shots would really help.

The easiest way (that I've found) to use SER and Kontent machine together, is to just spin the %link% macro into the article with KM, and then add the urls and anchor text manually to the SER data fields.

When you import the data fields from Kontent Machine into SER make sure that you uncheck 'URL', 'Anchor', and anything else that you don't want imported from the pop up.

The %link% macro will make SER select a random anchor text and url from the SER data fields and insert them into the article accordingly.

Also, provided you haven't checked the option to add contextual links, if SER detects the %link% macro in the article then it won't automatically insert any additional links.
  • Thanks for paying time to read my post.

This can be simply understand like this:

- The keywords and anchors imported from KM are mostly irrelevant (which I think problems come from KM)

This is the data field after importing

And with this setting of SER and KM

All the contextual links I arranged in KM were replace by irrelevant keywords, anchors, and sample URLs from above.

So I try another workaround

This work pretty well as all of my keywords and anchor from KM were still in right places.

But the problem with this way is that, SER will still generate 1 meaningless link like in this preview, from the option "Sentence in article" above

How can I remove this link? You can see from the setting above, there is no option to not put the link in the articles.

@2take2: I understand your way, but that will be time-consuming, plus that method does not as effective as prepare all the links from KM.

Thank you.

• 2Take22Take2 UK
    edited November 2013
    Ahh OK, I get you...

AFAIK if you don't use macros in the article SER will automatically insert a link with anchor text.

You need to do pretty much what I suggested before...

Import the article from Kontent Machine how you did in the fist set of images (using the "replace all URLs with...." and "replace all anchors with ..." features), and then spin together your list of URLs and Anchors and paste them into the relevant SER data fields.

If you don't do that, Kontent Machine will add scraped ones for you (I think?), or else SER wouldn't know what to replace the macros with.

I don't think that this would be time consuming, as surely you've got the list of anchors and URLs already prepared as you must have added them to KM at some point? Spinning them together and pasting them into SER would only take literally 30 seconds.