Skip to content

Reusing email across projects

What do most of you do? I have the same email address for about 4-5 different projects and I'm not sure if this is the best approach. But I run out of SIM Cards quickly if I want to use loads of emails with Outlook :(

Comments

• Trevor_BanduraTrevor_Bandura 267,647 NEW GSA SER Verified List
    Well the thing with using the same email in different projects is. When it comes to registering, the site might block you because that email is already in their database for another user.
  • Yes, I thought that would be the case. Do you buy bulk emails? I've given up with mailinator etc they just get auto-spammed.
  • Why not buy Wiz Email Creator or whatever it's called for $40, buy packs of 1000 PV emails at a time from Fiverr or use your domains and set up catchall (search on this forum for how to) emails for your accounts. I have around 500 emails left from my last pack of 1000 then I'm buying that Wiz Email thing. I use 10 emails per project but I have around 150-200 projects at the moment.

I can imagine that using the same accounts for tens of thousands of submissions will get the email blacklisted or blocked meaning SER will 'seem' like it's failing but it will be the emails. Plus, you have SER might struggle to confirm accounts if there are 100k emails in there.
  • spunko2010spunko2010 Isle of Man
    edited November 2013
    Thanks, I checked Fiverr but they all seem pretty bad eg http://fiverr.com/gigs/search?query=bulk+email I'll try to find the Wiz Email Creator also. Cheers
  • Fair enough, it's hit or miss with Fiverr. 

• edited November 2013
    Sorry for off-topic. Do you guys think it would be useful to have a global list of emails? 

Let's say you could upload 1k emails to that list and have a setting in projects to grab and replace 10 emails from that list every 10 days, for example