Skip to content

Is Scheduler Worth it?

Having rejigged all of my projects today I now have 100+ I think and am using the scheduler - 10 projects at a time with a 30 minute switch.

It just seems so slow. Do I need to play around so my VPS is running +90% or should I just go back to all projects active with tier 1s being paused after 50 with a few hour gap on those and all out on T2s and T3s?

Comments

• goonergooner SERLists.com
    If you let all of them run at once you'll get an "out of memory" warning pretty soon.

I found 20 projects for 20 minutes is about as far as i can push my vps before i get the above message, depends on the spec of course.
  • Cheers @gooner. I have a similar VPS to yours, but the slightly slower/cheaper version. Will give your settings a try and TBH I think I'm at a point where I need to get another VPS and SER and ancillaries. Need to test this new style of project first, which I'm sure will work but need to give it a week or so.
  • I have all of my projects set up as gooner has suggested with scheduler but I want my test project to run all of the time exclusive of the schedule, is there a way of doing this?
    When you click the arrow next to start there are is another option at the bottom "scheduler all selected".

I've never used it but in theory you would select all projects except the one you want to run always, then schedule those at 20 projects for 20 mins (or whatever).

Then select the test project, go back to that option and this time set it to run all the time. Or select 1 project for 1440 mins maybe.

I'm not totally sure how it works but it can be done using the option i mentioned.

Hope that helps.
  • Hmm thanks I've just tried that but when I 'schedule all selected' it starts the projects, but the test project joins the queue instead of being on its own running full time. It's one of my T3 projects, maybe that's the problem. I want it to filter the massive lists I've been scraping with Scrapebox, but I'll try it on a separate test project and see if that works.
    Yea you're right i couldn't seem to get it to work either.
    Can anyone advise on how to use that feature properly?
  • Is there a way to keep some projects always active, while running others using the scheduler? 
  • i want to be able to do what @coneh34d say here @sven
  • ya, like an adhd option for projects - "ignore scheduler" or so.
  • Sven, perhaps Set Status Active (Ignore Scheduler) would be appropriate...
  • edited March 2014
    Sven did answer on a different thread saying that it was possible, but I tried and couldn't get it to work.
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    naw not more stauses that confuse people ;)
  • Yeah it's very possible to do this.   So just select all your Other teirs,  Make them inactive.    Select all the Main Teirs  Than hit start,  and all the projects you have that are active will all run constantly,   Than Select all the inactive ones  and do the scheduler that  says scheduler all selected.   

Than you'll have some that always are running,  and even though the others say inactive it will still rotate through them all with the scheduler. 
  • Excellent, thanks @Hunar that makes sense. I'm sure Sven said the same thing but I couldn't get it to work. Will try that.