Skip to content

How to avoid rebooting VPS + Suggestion for Sven

spunko2010spunko2010 Isle of Man
edited November 2013 in Need Help
I have been using SER for about 6 months and I have to restart my VPS about 2x a week (and always have). Is this common or am I overdoing it with threads? I get good results etc. Just wondered how to avoid this if possible. Occasionally SER dies too, about once a week and I open up my VPS via Remote Desktop Connection and it's got a warning saying unexpected shutdown. @Sven perhaps you can make an auto-startup option for when VPS reboots without warning? Otherwise it's wasted time with SER not running/open.

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    Hmm can you get me access to that VPS when you see it is about to "die" again?
  • spunko2010spunko2010 Isle of Man
    edited November 2013
    Well I can't see it happening in advance normally. It gets really slow though before hand. By which point it takes literally 2-3 mins for it to login and for SER to appear. Every so often I get the warning about too much CPU (SER message I mean). But rarely.
  • While I understand the problem, I am not sure I would want this unless it was optional. For example if something was wrong with SER and crashing the server, having it auto-start could get you into a painful loop if you only have remote access.
  • Yes, sure, but I meant (if possible at all) as an option. It maybe should be disabled by default.
  • I had exactly the same problem with my old VPS.

When I upgraded to a package with more RAM it went away, so I'd guess that it is related to that.

• Was just about to upgrade but, anyone seen berman hosting homepage today ??? Hope it's temporary!
  • @spunko2010 , I'm running GSA on a cheap $12 VPS for 2 months now never had downtime . Keep checking the system performance like CPU load , Ram consumption etc.
  • Sounds like a shitty VPS from my experience. Choose a better one. Not a better VPS specifically, just a better company.
  • I'm using Berman. I'll try another then. Thanks
  • I've had scopehosts, seotools and a few others that I can't even remember their name now but have settled with solidseovps which has been pretty awesome. If they go down the drain, I'll move on to somewhere else.