Skip to content

GSA losing effectiveness

Hi all,

Enjoyed the many chats on here. As a 7 month user of GSA, I was intially very excited to be able to automate some of my seo efforts and thrilled with seeing quick results. However recently [October 2013] I began to feel that GSA seems to have lost some of its MOJO. Too much effort now for too little reward. It's not even worth my time for blasting out low quality links.

I have been using GSA with FCS, SB, WAC, and RW. By far RW is the number one seo tool right now, but building links and auto loading content needs massive backlinks to work. That is what I was hoping GSA would bring. It has not. Now, my personal tool set is mostly FCS and RW with good results.

Just wondering if anyone else has seen the same as I in terms of declining effectiveness with GSA? Maybe my expectations were too high initially and I am seeing the real value now. Not sure. Would love a recomendation on a good backlink tool other than GSA.

Comments

• donaldbeckdonaldbeck Advanced SER Videos -> http://bit.ly/1ySrbwu | Learn SER For Free Step By Step -> http://sertips.com
    A bad carpenter blames his tools.
  • GSA is the number one but i am happy to know that some people think that GSA is not the number one SEO tool because if everyone would know the real power of GSA, Google would invest millions to stop black hat but they don't do it. 

Only the masters of GSA can critisize GSA. The GSA best setting setup is so hard to get so that you need i would say one year before being able to critisize GSA. 

So first read as many posts as you can here on this forum. . 
  • s4nt0ss4nt0s Houston, Texas
    So you come on the GSA forum trashing SER and mentioning how much better FCS and RW are, then you want us to give you recommendations on a new link building tool?

Well what I'm wondering is what do you consider high quality and low quality links? You say, "it's not even worth my time for blasting low quality links".

Are PR3, PR4, PR5 - Dofollow links considered low quality? Web 2.0's low quality? Since SER can build all of those I'm assuming you consider them low quality.

If those links are low quality what kind of magical high quality links can FCS and RW build that SER can't? 

I'm not trying to be rude, but I'm really curious? If FCS and RW are so great, why do we need to recommend you a new link building tool? Just seems a bit odd to me.
  • SER combined with FCS & Rankwyz are unbeatable
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de

just let me add one thing to this as I should not speak for my tools in here (would sound self promoting):

GSA is the company name! On your 7 months being here you should have read this several times and still you can not name it GSA SER or just SER as [anyone] else.

• what is RW ?
  • edited November 2013
    SER is still great. Just like davbel I use it with FCS. But I still have sites ranking first page with just SER
  • @s4nt0s not bad mouthing SER. Just sharing. I am a regular contributor to this forum, not someone trying to promote another service like a lot of the users here. If we cannot share, then what is the point of a forum??? Why are you so defensive about exchanging information? Weird. 

@Sven of course. sorry about that. I am talking about SER. As this is all a game of cat and mouse, I realize the undertaking to keep SER effective as the platforms keep changing and you need to stay on top of that. I keep SER as a tool in my arsenal as it is something that I believe in. You have done a great job with the tool.

@davbel I agree. We've messaged before and I see your comments on other forums. Always on point. I use FCS to create accounts and RW to jam on the content. SER is my backfill tool for links. Was working great before, and now seems to be a bit off.
  • s4nt0ss4nt0s Houston, Texas
    @viking - Wasn't getting defensive at all. People talk about other SEO tools on this forum all the time (including myself) so I'm not against the sharing of information, quite the opposite.

I asked what links the other tools can build that are so effective? I was genuinely curious because I've never used either one. If there is some better link types out there, maybe they could be added to SER.

One thing that I think would make SER even more effective is the use of PA/DA as a metric. PR hasn't been updated in Google for months so I think its slowly going to fade. (possibly)

• You're having trouble since October? Penguin 2.1 then, maybe you should change up your strategy to compensate for Google's algorithm change then.

I agree with Santos about using DA/PA rather than PR. I have lots of sites that are Pr0 that have been all year and are outranking many many high PR sites. But, for now, using SER with PR as a filter even I'm still sucked in by having PR3+....