Skip to content

Saving Failed URLs in Site Lists?

BrandonBrandon Reputation Management Pro
Is there any reason to save Failed URLs Site Lists? I was just thinking about this as my Clean Up domains was taking a long time going through millions of URLs.

Is there a reason I might be missing?

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    Thats just for debugging purpose or see which engine performs good.
  • Or to perhaps analyze some of the failed sites and modify your own engines to be able to hit them if you find a reoccurring reason why GSA is not able to post to them.
  • Does the global failed list affect all projects? ie. if SER searches for a target and notices that it's on the failed list, then it doesn't try to submit to it and skips it? Is that correct?
  • BrandonBrandon Reputation Management Pro
    @JamPackedSpam Thanks, I don't do that so I think I'll clean out that folder.

@JudderMan I don't think SER checks the Failed folder to see if a site is in there.
  • BrandonBrandon Reputation Management Pro
    Thanks @Sven.

Another related question, is there any reason to save Identified and Successful? My goal is to build links so isn't the Verified list the only one I should care about?

Yes, but sometimes it happens that even on a successful registration and submission, the later link is not seens. There might be many reasons for this...one is a admin of a directory not accepting this kind of site e.g.

Other sits might have more luck with it.